Both parties refused to budge, but a third-party sponsor has stepped in to keep Metro open an additional hour Thursday for Game 5 of the NLDS at Nationals Park. "We want everyone attending these events to enjoy their experience and have a safe ride home at the end of the night".
Metro's current Monday through Thursday schedule means that the last train going north out of the Navy Yard Station with available transfers to the rest of the system leaves the station at 11:22 p.m. The last Green Line train to Branch Avenue will depart Navy Yard-Ballpark Station at 12:48 a.m.
"Our commitment to the D.C. community extends beyond powering our customers' homes and businesses", said Exelon CEO Chris Crane said.
District Attorney Defends Decision Not to Prosecute Harvey Weinstein
The DA's office said Tuesday that the recording is "horrifying", but it was insufficient to prove a crime had occurred. Since Vance began running for district attorney, Boies' son Christopher has given Vance's campaigns $35,000.
After SafeTrack, the yearlong maintenance program that concluded in June, Metro lifted its moratorium on late closings and early openings for special events.
The late-night service issue also came up a year ago, during SafeTrack, when General Manager Paul J. Wiedefeld cited the agency's urgent safety needs in refusing to run extra trains during the playoffs.
It's certainly possible that Thursday night's game will resolve in time for Metro riders. Some fans broke out in a chant: "Metro sucks".
- Royal Mail and CWU having their day in court
- Roger Goodell's Wife Uses Secret Twitter Account to Defend Her Husband
- Titans receiver: Would quit over anthem rule, deletes tweet
- National Basketball Association will broadcast every game in VR this season
- Furniture Row Racing to field one auto in 2018 NASCAR Cup Series
- Louis Tomlinson Feels Your Pain in Surprise Song 'Just Like You'
- Alibaba to invest $15B on AI, quantum computing research
- Parents of Missing 3-Year-Old Texas Girl Not Cooperating With Police
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic duo likely to make Bayern Munich trip
- Titanfall Creators Respawn Teaming Up with Oculus for a New Game