Both parties refused to budge, but a third-party sponsor has stepped in to keep Metro open an additional hour Thursday for Game 5 of the NLDS at Nationals Park. "We want everyone attending these events to enjoy their experience and have a safe ride home at the end of the night".
Metro's current Monday through Thursday schedule means that the last train going north out of the Navy Yard Station with available transfers to the rest of the system leaves the station at 11:22 p.m. The last Green Line train to Branch Avenue will depart Navy Yard-Ballpark Station at 12:48 a.m.
"Our commitment to the D.C. community extends beyond powering our customers' homes and businesses", said Exelon CEO Chris Crane said.
Louis Tomlinson Feels Your Pain in Surprise Song 'Just Like You'
Louis Tomlinson just dropped a surprise new single " Just Like You " and is opening up about the story behind the track. He also called it one of his favorites from his upcoming new album: "Conceptually I think it's sums me up!" he said .
After SafeTrack, the yearlong maintenance program that concluded in June, Metro lifted its moratorium on late closings and early openings for special events.
The late-night service issue also came up a year ago, during SafeTrack, when General Manager Paul J. Wiedefeld cited the agency's urgent safety needs in refusing to run extra trains during the playoffs.
It's certainly possible that Thursday night's game will resolve in time for Metro riders. Some fans broke out in a chant: "Metro sucks".
- Royal Mail and CWU having their day in court
- Buhari Seeks N'Assembly Approval for $5.5bn External Loans
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic duo likely to make Bayern Munich trip
- Famous climber kills himself after girlfriend dies in Montana avalance
- Shiv Sena leader's vehicle mows down two school girls in Pune
- Quake in North Korea prompts nuclear test fears
- Alibaba to invest $15B on AI, quantum computing research
- Prince Harry's touching tribute to Diana at star-studded event
- Gov. Baker to pay respects to victims during Las Vegas trip
- Puppy with 'catastrophic injuries' euthanized after being abandoned in Calgary dumpster