A few days before Sunday's game at AT&T Stadium, Nelson and his wife, Emily, made a trip to San Antonio to finalize the adoption of their third child, Adda Jo.
Canales wrote a message on Facebook congratulating the Nelson family.
Adda Jo had been with the Nelsons since March.
Roger Goodell's Wife Uses Secret Twitter Account to Defend Her Husband
I have a feeling she'll be back online soon with another account, but with a better strategy for staying in the shadows. Goodell's Twitter account, and it doesn't sound like the league is very concerned.
The judge presiding over Adda Jo's adoption shared a photo of the Nelson family at the courthouse on their special day and added, "This is a wonderful couple and a attractive family".
"This is a wonderful couple and a handsome family". They personify service and exemplify love.
Adda Jo is the couple's third child and second adoption. The Nelsons had been fostering the baby girl for about seven months prior to making the addition official on Friday. Texas law requires a child to live with the adoptive parents for at least six months before an adoption can be finalized.
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic duo likely to make Bayern Munich trip
- Tesla to recall 11000 Model X SUVs due to seat issue
- Parents of Missing 3-Year-Old Texas Girl Not Cooperating With Police
- National Basketball Association will broadcast every game in VR this season
- UFC on Fox 26 in Winnipeg gets massive welterweight headliner
- Dragon Age creative director Mike Laidlaw has left BioWare after 14 years
- District Attorney Defends Decision Not to Prosecute Harvey Weinstein
- Jodrell Bank selected as United Kingdom candidate for World Heritage site nomination
- Prince Harry's touching tribute to Diana at star-studded event
- Furniture Row Racing to field one auto in 2018 NASCAR Cup Series