The journalist licensing bill, which he said he may file to make a point, is nearly identical to the handgun bill.
The bill draft, which Lucas posted on social media, is almost word-for-word a copy of Indiana's gun permit laws that the state representative has unsuccessfully tried to repeal for years, the Star report said.
Lucas' proposal is nearly an exact copy of the state's law requiring a license to carry a handgun, which Lucas has tried to repeal unsuccessfully for several years.
If journalists have been convicted of a felony, their application may not be approved.
Maria Sharapova reçoit une invitation pour le tournoi de Moscou
Stefanie Voegele (WTA 196) jouera les quarts de finale à Tianjin, où un superbe défi l'attend vendredi. La Russe de 30 ans, qui a reçu une invitation des organisateurs, affrontera Peng Shuai (25e).
Lucas said he drafted the bill in reaction to the requirement for handgun owners to have licenses to carry in public, which he said is unfair in relation to the protections under the Second Amendment.
Lucas' proposal comes as President Donald Trump ramps up his war of words with the media.
The Indy Star reported that Lucas, "like Trump has a penchant for stirring controversy over hot-button issues on social media". "I'm highlighting the licensing of a constitutional right". They would be fingerprinted and have to pay $75 for a lifetime license.
Andrew Seaman, ethics committee chairman for the Society of Professional Journalists, told the Indy Star that "every so often legislators try to introduce these types of bills as attention-grabbing stunts".
Lucas would like to put the same restrictions on journalists, who are protected by the First Amendment.
- Manufacturing boost fails to lift 'muted' economy, survey finds
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (VRX) Lowered to Hold at Vetr Inc
- India's Sensex rallies 250 points; Bharti Airtel climbs 8%
- Mindy Kaling Was Very OK With Oprah Spilling Her Pregnancy News
- Nabilla a touché le jackpot pour sa dernière série
- Perpignan se sépare de Sione Tau, suspendu deux ans pour dopage — Rugby
- François Hollande donnera sa première conférence en Corée du Sud
- Darjeeling unrest: ASI killed, several hurt in police, GJM clashes
- Stocks Views And Recommendations: Parkway, Inc. (PKY), Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)
- Consumer confidence explodes to a 13-year high