The journalist licensing bill, which he said he may file to make a point, is nearly identical to the handgun bill.
The bill draft, which Lucas posted on social media, is almost word-for-word a copy of Indiana's gun permit laws that the state representative has unsuccessfully tried to repeal for years, the Star report said.
Lucas' proposal is nearly an exact copy of the state's law requiring a license to carry a handgun, which Lucas has tried to repeal unsuccessfully for several years.
If journalists have been convicted of a felony, their application may not be approved.
Mindy Kaling Was Very OK With Oprah Spilling Her Pregnancy News
Oprah went on to pose the same question to their director Ava DuVernay: 'And she said: "I just found out"'. But I think I took a lot for granted before this, now that I'm in my current situation - like, sitting.
Lucas said he drafted the bill in reaction to the requirement for handgun owners to have licenses to carry in public, which he said is unfair in relation to the protections under the Second Amendment.
Lucas' proposal comes as President Donald Trump ramps up his war of words with the media.
The Indy Star reported that Lucas, "like Trump has a penchant for stirring controversy over hot-button issues on social media". "I'm highlighting the licensing of a constitutional right". They would be fingerprinted and have to pay $75 for a lifetime license.
Andrew Seaman, ethics committee chairman for the Society of Professional Journalists, told the Indy Star that "every so often legislators try to introduce these types of bills as attention-grabbing stunts".
Lucas would like to put the same restrictions on journalists, who are protected by the First Amendment.
- Stocks Views And Recommendations: Parkway, Inc. (PKY), Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)
- Sam Bradford again out at Vikings practice
- 'Blockers' Restricted Trailer Starring John Cena and Leslie Mann
- Ontario judge approves Sears Canada liquidation
- Corruption allegations: IG urges court to stop Senate probe
- Mort de l'ex président malgache Albert Zafy
- Treasury committee threatens FCA in battle over Royal Bank of Scotland report
- Toro Rosso keep F1 guessing ahead of US Grand Prix
- Interior Secretary Zinke Has A Flag Raised When He's At HQ
- Sa première sortie depuis l'annonce de sa troisième grossesse — Kate Middleton