Names of the 58 victims were also displayed on the ice before the game.
Nobody's mind was entirely on hockey during what should have been a celebratory night and a milestone for Las Vegas, which finally has its first franchise in the major North American pro sports. Before the game, the team's general manager, George McPhee, explained to the Las Vegas Sun.
Golden Knights defenseman Deryk Engelland, who has lived in the city for years, addressed the crowd before the game.
The day before the inaugural Vegas Golden Knights home game, I was approached by an older man outside of T-Mobile Arena.
Arun Jaitley bats for inclusion of real estate sector in GST
Jaitley said some people had "misunderstood" the objective of demonetisation "which wasn't to confiscate somebody's currency". The government was able to trace out about 1.8 million people whose deposits are disproportionate to their normal incomes.
The Golden Knights originally planned a giant ceremony to commemorate the beginning of the hockey season.
"Like all of you, I'm proud to call Las Vegas home", Engelland said before the game.
Tremendous amounts of class shown by the @ArizonaCoyotes, who stayed on the ice to salute Las Vegas with the @GoldenKnights. The Knights are off to a 2-0 start, and only two other expansion teams - the 1967 Los Angeles Kings and 1967 Oakland Seals - started 2-0. The Knights scored two goals in the less than five minutes and four in the initial period, including one from Engelland and two from James Neal - the clear fan favorite - our Piazza.
Once the game started, the players kept emotions riding high. But a fan festival was cancelled, and numerous high-profile festivities scheduled for the opener have been delayed until the Golden Knights' second home game on Friday, when the Detroit Red Wings visit. "This situation here our players came to us to ask what they can do".
"When you look at pro athletes National Hockey League players are so often real good people", McCrimmon said. A Knights win certainly might not mean much in the bigger scheme of things, but the Vegas fans deserve any lift they can get right now. It's going to be emotional for us, but we know they're going to do a great job memorializing those people and helping everyone move forward. "We're playing for our city, for the tragedy that happened, for all the people that were here tonight and were affected by the tragedy".
- BASF to acquire parts of Bayer's crop science ops for €5.9bn
- Cypress Head Women's Golf Association supports Breast Cancer Awareness month
- Three people killed in skydiving accident at Mission Beach, Queensland
- Reliance Capital-Nippon AMC IPO to raise Rs 1500 cr
- Day 1: GIC subscribed 0.75 times
- Souleymane Diawara de nouveau devant la justice — Ex-OM
- Tom Brady on playing Sunday: 'I'll be there'
- IIO deployed to fatal officer-involved shooting in Qualicum Beach
- Destiny 2 Is Famous Horror Movie Director John Carpenter's Jam Right Now
- Nubia Z17 miniS with 5.2-inch Display, 6GB RAM, Four Cameras announced