Delhi University student Gurmehar Kaur who rose to fame from the videos that she posted on social media on 13th October has been named in the 2017 list of Time Next Generation Leaders.
After this photo went viral, Kaur had received death and rape threats and she became a topic of debate. The image taken from a video of her from 2016, showed Gurmehar holding a placard saying, "Pakistan did not kill my dad, war killed him". "Because if there was no war between us, my father would still be here today".
Gurmehar, the only Indian in the list, is the daughter of an Indian Army captain who was martyred while fighting terrorists in the troubled region of Jammu and Kashmir.
Stocks Views And Recommendations: Parkway, Inc. (PKY), Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)
The company's Average Earnings Estimate for the Current Fiscal quarter is $-0.09, according to consensus of 22 analysts. The firm has "Overweight" rating given on Friday, December 4 by Barclays Capital. "Dropped Today" on October 03, 2017.
She is placed in an impressive list with the likes of Star Wars actor John Boyega, YouTube sensation Lilly Singh, and South African Comedian Trevor Noah. Despite being at the center of the controversy, she refuse to be silenced. "And if I have something positive to say, why shouldn't I say it?" the magazine quoted her as saying.
Gurmehar Kaur was targeted on social media after she and other Delhi University students launched the "Save DU" campaign following protests by ABVP supporters outside Ramjas College against a campus event that featured Shehla Rashid and Umar Khalid. Congratulations everyone. I request to be left alone.
- Couple Miraculously Survives California Wildfire in Neighbor's Pool
- Debora Shoquist Sells 33498 Shares of NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) Stock
- Qualcomm asks China to halt manufacture, sale of iPhones
- Le tirage du loto du mercredi 11 octobre
- Governors play role of bridge between Centre & states: President Kovind
- Hotel evacuated, over 100 firefighters and helicopters battle on
- Babar Azam, Malik help score 292/6 in first ODI against Sri Lanka
- Palestinian rivals start reconciliation talks in Cairo
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:ETFC) Holding Above Moving Averages
- Québec précise ses exigences — Uber