Later in the day, reporters speaking to Ainge informed him that, while Thomas has "love" for Boston and his former teammates and fans there, coming around on the guy that abruptly traded him after a difficult, emotional season will be much harder.
A short time later, Ainge himself was asked about the former Celtics star's comments, and while it was clear he wasn't aware of them, said that as a player who was traded twice himself, he understood how Thomas was feeling.
Isaiah Thomas still has a bad taste in his mouth about the Boston Celtics trading him to the Cleveland Cavaliers. but for one specific person: Celtics executive Danny Ainge. "I might not ever talk to Danny again".
In a new feature with SI's Lee Jenkins, Thomas opened up about the state of the hip injury that has defined his story since those playoffs, and admitted that he probably shouldn't have even been on the court after a Game 6 injury.
Argentina, France, Poland seeded in World Cup finals draw pots
In the current and final stage of the qualifiers, there are 5 groups, with the group victor advancing to the World Cup . There are three spots left for the African sides, following Egypt and Nigeria clinching theirs.
"Hoop is what lets me forget about everything else", Thomas says. But what he did, knowing everything I went through, you don't do that, bro. "But every team in this situation comes out a year or two later and says, 'We made a mistake.' That's what they'll say, too", said Thomas.
Thomas also told Jenkins of a text he received from Brad Stevens after the trade, with the Celtics coach saying, "I've been looking at this wall for five hours trying to figure out what to say to you". "I know there's a lot of feelings that go on when these types of things happen", Ainge said.
Ainge admitted to Thomas the hip injury played a role in the trade, as did the expiring contract that has the point guard set to hit free agency next summer. He said he would but he couldn't say if Thomas felt the same way. "He's a great kid and I wish him the best". "You don't know what the Celtics are saying to save their ass or what the Cavs are saying for leverage". "It's not a trade you make in real life". Ainge says he understands.
- Apple will produce smartphones only with Face ID starting 2018
- Roswell: Series Reboot in the Works at The CW
- 'Westworld' Star Evan Rachel Wood Weighs In On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- Parineeti Chopra Says Arjun Kapoor Is Lucky To Work With Her
- Watsco, Inc. (NYSE:WSO) Trading Volume Significantly Lower
- Baghdad launches Kirkuk operation amid bitter row with Kurds
- Atlanta mayor calls marijuana veto rumor "political stunt" by City Council president
- Arturo Vidal prend sa retraite internationale — Chili
- Terrorists hurl grenade at Kashmir beauty parlour, three girls injured
- Newcastle United sign midfielder Mikel Merino on permanent deal