Claiming that "misinformation" was floating around on dengue, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee claimed that there was "just" 30 deaths arising out of dengue over the last seven-to-eight months.
The disease had claimed 24 lives since January, she said, rubbishing media reports that said dengue was rampant in the state.
Mentioning that more than a 100 people from North 24 Parganas, Midnapore, Kolkata and north Bengal have died of Dengue already, Chakraborty claimed that the disease have taken the form of an epidemic in the state.
While the Chief Minister and the State government have been quick to counter reports on increase in dengue incidents, number of people affected with dengue across the State remain unclear.
Before the Storm Episode 2 Releases Next Week
The first episode of Life is Strange: Before the Storm had all sorts of twists and turns in the story as we start to see Chloe's relationship with Rachel blossom.
The chief minister said private laboratories were providing wrong figures of dengue-infected people, triggering panic in the state.
However, there were six deaths in the city of causes which were yet to be verified, she added.
A high-level meeting was held at the State Secretariat with officials from various departments, including Health, Municipal Affairs, Panchayat and others, to take stock of the situation.
- Paramedics save man after he swallows whole live dover sole
- Single case of locally transmitted Zika virus confirmed by Florida health department
- Garou aux commandes des primes de sélection sur France 2 — Destination Eurovision
- US Voters Split on Trump's Handling of Economy
- Simple Moving Average Analysis of Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS)
- Joe Biden unveils anti-child abuse partnership in Warminster
- Houston police chief proposes friendly bet to NYC chief if Astros win
- Tyson Fury to return in April 2018 before 'summer mega-fight'
- White House Lawyers Eager for Mueller to Interview Trump
- Netflix's She's Gotta Have It Official Trailer