Claiming that "misinformation" was floating around on dengue, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee claimed that there was "just" 30 deaths arising out of dengue over the last seven-to-eight months.
The disease had claimed 24 lives since January, she said, rubbishing media reports that said dengue was rampant in the state.
Mentioning that more than a 100 people from North 24 Parganas, Midnapore, Kolkata and north Bengal have died of Dengue already, Chakraborty claimed that the disease have taken the form of an epidemic in the state.
While the Chief Minister and the State government have been quick to counter reports on increase in dengue incidents, number of people affected with dengue across the State remain unclear.
Featurette on Jason Momoa's Aquaman in Justice League
Directed by Zack Snyder and written by Joss Whedon and Chris Terrio, " Justice League " is set to hit theaters on November 17. Jason Momoa also recently offered some specific details about the King of the Seven Seas in both Justice League and Aquaman .
The chief minister said private laboratories were providing wrong figures of dengue-infected people, triggering panic in the state.
However, there were six deaths in the city of causes which were yet to be verified, she added.
A high-level meeting was held at the State Secretariat with officials from various departments, including Health, Municipal Affairs, Panchayat and others, to take stock of the situation.
- US Voters Split on Trump's Handling of Economy
- US flew bombers over Korean peninsula late Tuesday: South Korea military
- Tyson Fury to return in April 2018 before 'summer mega-fight'
- Snyder stands by Flint water crisis testimony
- Prolongation de l'Etat d'urgence d'un mois — Tunisie
- Things to Watch in Bank of America's Results
- Single case of locally transmitted Zika virus confirmed by Florida health department
- Greenpeace Activists Launched Fireworks at French Nuclear Power Plant
- Cancer survivor Christina Applegate had ovaries, Fallopian tubes removed
- Crime spree ends with shooting, carjackings in Sherwood Park, Edmonton