Imports in September rose 19.5% in yuan terms from a year earlier, compared with a 14.4% rise in August, the General Administration of Customs said.
BEIJING-China's exports grew 9.0% in September from a year earlier in yuan terms, following a 6.9% gain in August, official data showed Friday.
The upbeat readings will be welcome new for Beijing ahead of a twice-a-decade Communist Party Congress next week, at which President Xi Jinping is expected to tighten his grip on power and set out the government's top political and economic priorities for the next five years.
Trade volume for private enterprises also increased, as their combined volume rose 17.8 percent, compared with the share for the same period of past year. "Today's figures suggest that not only has strong foreign demand continued to prop up manufacturing activity in China but domestic demand remains resilient too", Capital Economics says in note.
SpaceX Orbits Dual-Purpose Satellite for SES, EchoStar
SES intends to use SES 11 to deliver High Definition (HD) and Ultra-HD channels. Earlier booster reflights took place in March and June.
Trade figures in dollars will be released later in the day. The trade surplus was the lowest in six months. Estimates, growth in export and import volumes picked up to 6.7% year-on-year and 13.6% respectively.
China's imports and exports grew at a faster pace in September than in the previous month, suggesting the world's second-biggest economy is still expanding at a healthy clip despite widespread forecasts of an eventual slowdown.
China's total trade with North Korea between January and September rose 3.7% to US$4.03 billion, with the growth rate declining from 7.5% over the first eight months of the year.
The value of service imports gained 12.2 percent year on year to 2.13 trillion yuan (more than 320 billion USA dollars) in the January-August period, while exports only increased 4.4 percent to 926.69 billion yuan, resulting in a 1.2-trillion-yuan deficit, the Ministry of Commerce (MOC) said Thursday in a statement.
- Holland's Nuon finishes streets ahead in 2017 World Solar Challenge
- Destiny 2 Is Famous Horror Movie Director John Carpenter's Jam Right Now
- (SD)-Sturgis High Cancels Homecoming Over Racism Concerns
- NAB references: Hearing adjourned due to police-lawyers spat outside accountability court
- Tyrese Gibson Posts Video Of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
- Why NASA has 'Renamed' Uhuru Park to 'Raila Odinga Grounds'
- Nubia Z17 miniS with 5.2-inch Display, 6GB RAM, Four Cameras announced
- USA military to ground CH-53 choppers after crash-landing in Japan's Okinawa
- Cypress Head Women's Golf Association supports Breast Cancer Awareness month
- Criminal Minds: Season 13; Shemar Moore Returning to CBS Series This Month