The offer of 313p per share is a 63% premium to Aldermore's float price and would value the firm at over £1 billion.
Aldermore responded by issuing a statement disclosing that FirstRand had approached it about a possible offer for 100% of the group.
Shares surged on the news, rising 19% in midday trading to 304p.
Western Digital nous promet des disques durs de 40 To
Grâce à elle, il devrait être possible de produire des disques durs offrant 40 To de capacité (et plus) d'ici à 2025. Les disques durs mécaniques n'ont clairement pas dit leur dernier mot face aux SSD.
Under Takeover Panel rules, FirstRand now has until 5pm on 10 November to either announce a firm intention to make an offer for Aldermore, or to announce it doesn't intend to proceed with the bid.
"There can be no certainty that any firm offer will be made or as to the terms on which any offer might be made. This announcement has been made without the consent of FirstRand and the board will keep shareholders updated as appropriate".
Britain's so-called challenger banks, such as Aldermore, emerged after the financial crisis to fill a gap in small-business lending.
"FirstRand has been assessing opportunities to build a sustainable long-term deposit franchise to fund its strategy to grow and diversify the revenues of its current United Kingdom business", FirstRand said via the Stock Exchange News Service (Sens).
- 'Blockers' Restricted Trailer Starring John Cena and Leslie Mann
- "Envoyé Spécial" : Jean-Claude Gaudin furieux contre un journaliste de France 2
- Babar Azam, Malik help score 292/6 in first ODI against Sri Lanka
- Poignardée sous les yeux de ses quatre enfants — Nord
- Delhi student Gurmehar Kaur on Time magazine's Gen-Next leaders' list
- Perpignan se sépare de Sione Tau, suspendu deux ans pour dopage — Rugby
- Le tirage du loto du mercredi 11 octobre
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:ETFC) Holding Above Moving Averages
- Qualcomm asks China to halt manufacture, sale of iPhones
- Apple pourrait généraliser FaceID en 2018 — IPhone