Babar Azam returned to form with a century and Shoaib Malik smashed 81 as Pakistan posted 6-292 against Sri Lanka in the first one-day global.
But Sri Lanka won both the Test matches against Pakistan and will look to drive that momentum from the longer format to the ODIs.
Getting past the Pakistanis in the ODI format of the game is way too hard for the Lankan Lions.
On top of that, Sri Lanka endured nightmarish ODI series in South Africa and India, earlier this year.
Manufacturing boost fails to lift 'muted' economy, survey finds
Its employment expectations, investment in training and confidence in profitability and turnover have also stayed much the same. Hiring difficulties were facing businesses across both sectors.
With Champions Trophy winning stars are back for Pakistan, the ODI series would be a thriller to watch. The likes of Ahmed Shehzad and Fakhar Zaman, meanwhile, opening the batting for Pakistan, have forged a formidable partnership this year.
Pakistan left out injured pacer Mohammad Amir and batsman Azhar Ali, as he continues to recover from a back niggle.
Sri Lanka: Upul Tharanga (C), Dinesh Chandimal, Niroshan Dickwella (WK), Lahiru Thirimanne, Kusal Mendis, Milinda Siriwardana, Chamara Kapugedera, Thisara Perera, Seekkuge Prasanna, Suranga Lakmal, Dushmantha Chameera, Vishwa Fernando, Akila Dananjaya, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lahiru Gamage.
- Debora Shoquist Sells 33498 Shares of NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) Stock
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)- Deliverance of Ownership on Performance
- Perpignan se sépare de Sione Tau, suspendu deux ans pour dopage — Rugby
- 'Blockers' Restricted Trailer Starring John Cena and Leslie Mann
- François Hollande donnera sa première conférence en Corée du Sud
- Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion
- Governors play role of bridge between Centre & states: President Kovind
- Toro Rosso keep F1 guessing ahead of US Grand Prix
- Mindy Kaling Was Very OK With Oprah Spilling Her Pregnancy News
- Nutanix Inc. (NTNX) Rating Lowered to Buy at Vetr Inc