Six soldiers were killed in a militant attack on a security checkpoint in the northern Sinai Peninsula, the Egyptian army announced on Friday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Security and hospital officials confirmed the toll from Thursday's attack on the outskirts of the city of el-Arish and said another four security personnel were wounded.
Security searched the area and chased the gunmen, it added.
Google Assistant on phones can finally send videos and music to Chromecast
This is a feature that's been available on Google Home since day one, and it's something that I find myself regularly using. For those who are left out, they'll just to have download Google Duo and conduct video calls directly from the app.
"Security personnel engaged the attackers and eventually forced them to retreat carrying several of their dead and injured", he added, without providing the number of militants killed in the melee.
The attacks, mainly targeting police and military, increased after the ouster of Islamist ex-president Mohamed Morsi in 2013 by the military following massive protests against his rule.
In July, Islamic State militants killed 23 soldiers in a remote checkpoint in northeastern Sinai the deadliest assault on the military in the turbulent region in two years.
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole's season pass detailed
- Tony Yoka / Jonathan Rice
- Sam Bradford again out at Vikings practice
- Trudeau warns Trump over potential fallout from Bombardier spat
- Maria Sharapova reçoit une invitation pour le tournoi de Moscou
- Lunch is on Newcastle duo after training-ground bust-up
- Texas Inmates Donate $53000 for Hurricane Harvey Victims
- Kim Kardashian Clears Up Rumors About North & Saint's Relationship
- Nabilla a touché le jackpot pour sa dernière série
- Ford Motor Company (F) Stock Rating Upgraded by Vetr Inc