Six soldiers were killed in a militant attack on a security checkpoint in the northern Sinai Peninsula, the Egyptian army announced on Friday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Security and hospital officials confirmed the toll from Thursday's attack on the outskirts of the city of el-Arish and said another four security personnel were wounded.
Security searched the area and chased the gunmen, it added.
Barcelone : Iniesta fait une annonce pour sa retraite internationale
C'est en tous cas ce qu'il a clairement fait comprendre au travers d'un entretien accordé au quotidien sportif catalan, Sport . Je suis conscient du moment que je vis, de mon âge et de tout ce qui va avec, mais nous verrons comment ça évolue.
"Security personnel engaged the attackers and eventually forced them to retreat carrying several of their dead and injured", he added, without providing the number of militants killed in the melee.
The attacks, mainly targeting police and military, increased after the ouster of Islamist ex-president Mohamed Morsi in 2013 by the military following massive protests against his rule.
In July, Islamic State militants killed 23 soldiers in a remote checkpoint in northeastern Sinai the deadliest assault on the military in the turbulent region in two years.
- Lunch is on Newcastle duo after training-ground bust-up
- Mass. House Moves Quickly To Ban Bump Stocks
- Sa première sortie depuis l'annonce de sa troisième grossesse — Kate Middleton
- Magic Mushrooms May Help Treat Depression
- Tony Yoka / Jonathan Rice
- Officials identify Lufkin man killed in two-vehicle crash near Pollok
- Nabilla a touché le jackpot pour sa dernière série
- Quebec to re-open talks with Uber ahead of Saturday deadline
- Epic gets legal with Fortnite cheaters
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole's season pass detailed