Six soldiers were killed in a militant attack on a security checkpoint in the northern Sinai Peninsula, the Egyptian army announced on Friday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Security and hospital officials confirmed the toll from Thursday's attack on the outskirts of the city of el-Arish and said another four security personnel were wounded.
Security searched the area and chased the gunmen, it added.
Le Porsche passport qui donne accès à 22 modèles !
Le constructeur automobile allemand Porsche a lancé aux États-Unis un service d'abonnement à ses voitures . Ici, c'est 3,000 dollars chaque mois qu'il faudra débourser.
"Security personnel engaged the attackers and eventually forced them to retreat carrying several of their dead and injured", he added, without providing the number of militants killed in the melee.
The attacks, mainly targeting police and military, increased after the ouster of Islamist ex-president Mohamed Morsi in 2013 by the military following massive protests against his rule.
In July, Islamic State militants killed 23 soldiers in a remote checkpoint in northeastern Sinai the deadliest assault on the military in the turbulent region in two years.
- Nabilla a touché le jackpot pour sa dernière série
- George Groves expects to beat Jamie Cox and retain title
- Barcelone : Iniesta fait une annonce pour sa retraite internationale
- Lunch is on Newcastle duo after training-ground bust-up
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole's season pass detailed
- Mass. House Moves Quickly To Ban Bump Stocks
- Sam Bradford again out at Vikings practice
- Corruption allegations: IG urges court to stop Senate probe
- Sa première sortie depuis l'annonce de sa troisième grossesse — Kate Middleton
- Ford Motor Company (F) Stock Rating Upgraded by Vetr Inc