Apple will ditch Touch ID fingerprint scanning tech from all of its 2018 iPhones, with all models instead offering Face ID. It seems that the Cupertino-based giant will push its advantage over Android handset makers by integrating Face ID into all 2018 iPhone models, replacing current Touch ID technology.
We predict all new 2H18F iPhone models will likely abandon fingerprint recognition.
Day 1: GIC subscribed 0.75 times
Axis Capital, Citigroup, Deutsche India, HSBC Securities and Kotak Capital are the book running lead managers to the offer. The IPO received bids for almost 111.67 million shares for the 124.7 million shares on offer, stock-exchange data showed.
According to a recent report by KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple are expected to drop the fingerprint readers in next years iPhones and switch over to Face ID. We believe this change will allow all new models to realize a competitive advantage via differentiation, on the back of an integrated user experience of full-screen design and TrueDepth Camera/ Facial recognition/ Face ID/ AR applications. He had previously claimed that Android smartphone manufacturers could take years before they actually come up with a technology similar to the TrueDepth camera on the iPhone X. However, if we go by Kuo's predictions, then iPhone 8, 8 Plus could be the last set of phones from the company that feature display with bezels and Touch ID. This is not the first time Apple is rumoured to ditch something from their devices, previous year Apple got rid of the headphone jack and now the Touch ID.
- Roswell: Series Reboot in the Works at The CW
- SpaceX Orbits Dual-Purpose Satellite for SES, EchoStar
- How bromances are threatening heterosexual relationships
- Terrorists hurl grenade at Kashmir beauty parlour, three girls injured
- Golden Knights expect wide range of emotions for home opener
- Pink regrets taking sides in Taylor Swift-Katy Perry feud
- BASF to acquire parts of Bayer's crop science ops for €5.9bn
- Trend of killing all opposition risky : Bombay HC on Gauri Lankesh
- (SD)-Sturgis High Cancels Homecoming Over Racism Concerns
- Turkey accelerates Idlib military deployment