Online retail giant Amazon says it's adding 120 thousand new seasonal jobs across the country in preparation for the holiday season - including some in the First State.
It's getting harder to find holiday employees with unemployment now at 4.2%, the lowest jobless rate since 2001.
The jobs include roles for picking, packing and shipping customer orders from the company's Maryland warehouses.
IndusInd Bank's Q2 net profit up 25%
Its net Interest Income (NII) grew by 25% to Rs. 1,821 crore while non Interest income grew by 22% to Rs. 1,188 crore. Typically, third and fourth quarters are best for commercial vehicle loans, Sobti said.
USA shoppers will spend between $678.75 billion and $682 billion on holiday shopping this year, a growth of 3.6 percent to 4 percent over last year, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF). The company said many employees return year after year, and some even continue on in full-time positions.
As a result, several US retailers, including Macy's Inc and Kohl's Corp, have been focusing on their online businesses and have ramped up hiring seasonal workers to man their distribution centers that support online operations. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. plans to give its in-store employees more hours, but also add 5,000 extra seasonal workers at its e-commerce business.
For the second straight year, Target is set to host 1,816 simultaneous, in-store hiring events nationwide "to ensure stores are fully staffed to help guests during the busy holiday shopping season", according to a news release.
- Un nouveau gardien pour le Stade lavallois
- Crude Stockpiles Drop, Oil Prices Fall
- Jane Fonda Feels 'Ashamed' for Not Speaking Out About Harvey Weinstein Earlier
- Poland's Magda Linette out of Tianjin Open
- Investors Buy Shares of Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) on Weakness
- NZ First to hold joint caucus/board meeting on Monday
- Macalester grad's 'Jeopardy' streak comes to an end
- Firefighters Expect to Contain Giant OC Fire by Saturday
- Woman with dementia feared taken by crocodile in Queensland
- Investors Real Estate Trust (IRET) Rating Increased to Hold at BidaskClub