Global online retailer Amazon announced a further expansion of its United Kingdom operations on Friday (13 October) with the creation of another 1,200 new "full-time permanent jobs" at its Bolton warehouse or "Fulfilment Centre" as it calls them. The centre, part of Amazon's expansion of its fulfilment centre network in response to growing customer demand, will see Amazon robots in place alongside a 1,200 strong workforce.
The move would be the company's third warehouse in the North West of England and will take the number of permanent jobs Amazon has created in the region to more than 3,500.
This week's announcement comes the recent opening of Amazon fulfilment centres in Daventry, Doncaster, Warrington and Tilbury.
Book account of how an individual saw political drama unfolding: Pranab
Singh was speaking at the launch of former President Mukherjee's new book, 'The Coalition Years: 1996-2012, ' in New Delhi . Praising the book, Akhilesh Yadav said that it is like laying your hands on good notes before the examinations.
"Our ability to expand in the North West of England is the result of two things: incredible customers and an outstanding workforce", said Stefano Perego, Amazon's director of United Kingdom customer fulfilment.
Amazon has started recruiting for a range of new roles for the fulfilment centre, including operations managers, engineers, HR and IT specialists.
AMAZON has confirmed that its new Bolton hub will open in 2018. "We are thrilled to begin recruitment for 1,200 new permanent roles in Bolton with competitive wages and comprehensive benefits starting on day one". The retailer is also to open a new centre at Severn Beach, Bristol next year, also featuring Amazon Robotics.
- Turkey Interested In Russian S-500 Missile: President Erdogan
- Indians go missing as ship sinks
- Western Digital nous promet des disques durs de 40 To
- Hunt: Showdown Coming to Steam Early Access
- Funeral procession begins for fallen Somerville police officer
- "Envoyé Spécial" : Jean-Claude Gaudin furieux contre un journaliste de France 2
- Wall Street raises targets on Netflix, citing price increases
- Co-founders of Riot Games Step Down to Focus on New Projects
- Palestinian rivals start reconciliation talks in Cairo
- Babar Azam, Malik help score 292/6 in first ODI against Sri Lanka