Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu has claimed several times that Messi's renewal has already been actioned and just needs to be announced, but the clock keeps ticking and that confirmation is yet to be made.
The 29-year-old also took part in light training during the week and is expected to be assessed ahead of the showdown with the Potters.
Aguero missed City's impressive 1-0 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, along with Argentina's crucial world-cup qualifier with Ecuador.
Following criticism over his decision to go overseas in the days building up to City's important fixture against Chelsea, Aguero defended his actions and revealed he could return to the first team against Stoke City this weekend at the Etihad.
Floods and landslides kill 37, leave 40 missing in Vietnam
A disaster agency official told AFP news agency that they were "mobilising all forces to search for the missing". Up to 50 centimeters (20 inches) of rain was reported over the three-day period ending Wednesday in some areas.
"He said, "I don't believe so", Aguero told Argentine broadcaster TyC Sports.
"I was lucky that I know the agent of Maluma [a Colombian singer], he invited me and I went".
"When I got to the hospital I asked the doctor if I could play for City on the Saturday [against Stoke]".
"Then one thinks, 'Why did he go there?'But it's hard to imagine that something could happen". "I trained normally, but without the group". "Thursday I'm going to train with the group to see how I feel, but a training session is not the same as a match, I want to see if I'm in pain".
- Feminists tear into Women's March for having Sanders headline convention
- Calif. parental leave expanded for parents to bond with newborns
- Six Injured During Attempted NC Prison Escape
- Paris Officially Says It's Phasing Out All Non-Electric Cars
- Prince William commemorates New Zealand soldiers who fell at Passchendaele
- Kyrie Irving Sure Seems Happy To Be Out Of Cleveland
- IAF officers pay homage to martyred commandos
- Bangladesh ranked 88th of 119 on global hunger index
- Michael Jordan says super teams make other 28 teams 'garbage'
- Ethics panel: 'Substantial reason to believe' Collins broke federal law