Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu has claimed several times that Messi's renewal has already been actioned and just needs to be announced, but the clock keeps ticking and that confirmation is yet to be made.
The 29-year-old also took part in light training during the week and is expected to be assessed ahead of the showdown with the Potters.
Aguero missed City's impressive 1-0 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, along with Argentina's crucial world-cup qualifier with Ecuador.
Following criticism over his decision to go overseas in the days building up to City's important fixture against Chelsea, Aguero defended his actions and revealed he could return to the first team against Stoke City this weekend at the Etihad.
FY2017 EPS Estimates for Axalta Coating Systems Ltd Decreased by Analyst (AXTA)
The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this link . Acrospire Investment Management LLC lifted its position in shares of Axalta Coating Systems by 257.0% during the 2nd quarter.
"He said, "I don't believe so", Aguero told Argentine broadcaster TyC Sports.
"I was lucky that I know the agent of Maluma [a Colombian singer], he invited me and I went".
"When I got to the hospital I asked the doctor if I could play for City on the Saturday [against Stoke]".
"Then one thinks, 'Why did he go there?'But it's hard to imagine that something could happen". "I trained normally, but without the group". "Thursday I'm going to train with the group to see how I feel, but a training session is not the same as a match, I want to see if I'm in pain".
- Prince William commemorates New Zealand soldiers who fell at Passchendaele
- Analyst cuts his forecast of 2017 Apple iPhone X production by 10%
- Make a note of Analyst's Recommendations: Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
- France en novembre: Un choc Allemagne
- IAF officers pay homage to martyred commandos
- Charlottesville Police Charge DeAndre Harris with Unlawful Wounding
- Bangladesh ranked 88th of 119 on global hunger index
- Swedish shooting not a terror attack
- Firms Fundamental Overview: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc
- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDNS) Under Analyst Spotlight