Patel was once dropped as the Gujarat CM on grounds of age.
Former Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel told BJP chief Amit Shah that she is not keen to contest in the upcoming Assembly elections, stating her age 75, as the reason behind her decision. She made her intention abundantly clear in a two-page letter to the BJP President Amit Shah. Though she cited the age bar for her resignation past year, there were corruption and nepotism allegations against her and rumours that she had lost her grip over the state adminsitration.
Former Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel Refuses To Contest Gujarat Polls:- The former Gujarat CM, Anandiben Patel (75), has written to BJP leadership saying she does not want to contest the upcoming state elections.
Big Civilization 6 update reboots religion
Two new Pantheons will be get introduced into the game, along with new Founder, Follower, Enhancer, and Worship Beliefs. The Civilization VI Fall 2017 Update largely focuses on improving Religion.
Patel, who represents the Ghatlodia constituency, joined the BJP in 1987 and became a legislator in the late 1990s.
"Earlier when I resigned from the post of Chief Minister, I had mentioned the party policy of no senior leader above 75 year's age holding a post. Based on the same principle, I do not intend to contest the 2017 assembly election", Patel wrote. Patel's decision not to contest polls would hamper BJP's last minute attempts to woo the core Patidar voters back into the party fold. Saurabh Patel is sailing against the wind in his own constituency, Akota, where local people and the BJP organisation do not want him to be a BJP candidate again."Meanwhile, the MLA from Unjha, Naran Patel, said, "The Patel community can be won over if Anandiben contests the polls". Her resignation had also led to factionalism rumours in the state unit, as it is said she doesn't have a good rapport with Mr Shah.
- No need to probe claims against Shah's son: Home Minister
- Teen Wolf star, Tyler Posey opens up about his private video leak
- Football: L'Ivoirien Abraham Guié Guié va mettre un terme à sa carrière
- Andhra policeman pleads with repeat traffic offender to wear helmet
- "Defence data stolen from firm using 'admin' and 'guest" as credentials
- Tropical Storm Ophelia Strengthening On Southeastern Trek
- Affaire de Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray : une femme en garde à vue
- UH email attracts attention with its 'nuclear' subject line
- Kurdistan irakien : les organisateurs du référendum d'indépendance menacés d'arrestation
- Governor Wants Extra $35M To Help Lake & River Flood Victims