The Competition and Markets Authority said the takeover, which it had been probing since May, would not restrict competition and lead to a worse deal for consumers or restaurants.
Just Eat bought Hungry House for £200 million back in May, before the Competition and Markets Authority launched a probe after concerns grew that companies signing up to the sites would not have enough leeway to negotiate rights.
Conversely, it found that Just Eat was facing a greater competitive challenge from innovative, fast-growing and well-funded platforms such as Deliveroo, Ubereats and Amazon Restaurants that, unlike Just Eat and Hungryhouse, take the orders and deliver the food.
"The watchdog felt that Hungryhouse provided limited competition to Just Eat because it was much smaller in size and offered too few unique restaurants, making it increasingly hard for Hungryhouse to attract and retain consumers".
Just Eat's planned £200m purchase of rival Hungryhouse has been given provisional clearance by watchdogs who feel the deal will not constrain competition.
"We will continue to work with the CMA ahead of its publication of a final decision".
Xbox One Will Still Get Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility This Year
While the Xbox One S doesn't do 4K gaming, it can stream 4K and HDR content, if that's all what you're interested in. I know the games that are coming for the original Xbox but I don't think we've announced them all.
The deal came as part of a spree by Just Eat as it looks to expand, with the group also announcing the acquisition of Canadian firm SkipTheDishes alongside the Hungryhouse takeover.
We obtained evidence from all the major industry participants and carried out surveys, with the public and restaurants, to understand how the merger could impact both types of customers.
It said on Thursday: "We are pleased that the CMA has provisionally concluded that this transaction does not lessen competition".
The CMA also took into account that many consumers order directly from restaurants over the phone...
Its shares were up more than 5% in late morning trade on the London Stock Exchange.
- Neighbours spoilers: Ryan Thomas' character finally REVEALED - but there's a twist
- Les femmes de Khalifa Sall restent déterminées, les avocats veulent aller à la Cour de justice de la CEDEAO
- Pas avant 2019 — Présidentielle en RDC
- Pak Army recovers five foreigners kidnapped in 2012
- Jailed mom 'devastated' to learn son was vaccinated
- Scotch Whisky Makers Sell A Million Fewer Bottles After Tax Hike
- Heinze au FC Metz, c'est crédible ?
- PSG : Emery fait le point sur les blessés
- India face Macau with eye on Asian Cup 2019 berth
- Aboubakar blindé et définitivement racheté — Porto