Early satellite voting will return in next year's elections thanks to a deal approved Wednesday by the Allen County Election Board.
Residents have until 5 p.m.to register at the Board of Elections office, located at 800 N. Walnut St.in Lumberton.
But those sites will be replaced by locations at the Manchester University campus along Dupont Road, the Public Safety Academy/Ivy Tech campus, Indiana Wesleyan University and Ivy Tech's Coliseum Boulevard campus.
■ The last day that a change of party enrollment will be accepted is October 13. That process begins today as early voting and mail-in voting opened.
Election Bill 2017: Senate adopts resolutions against law empowering Nawaz Sharif
With the new election bill, the parliament is "exposed to becoming hostage to a person who himself is barred from entering it". A controversial clause in the bill allows disqualified politicians to hold a public office or to lead a political party.
The general election is November 7.
That motion failed to receive a second, in part because Republican member Tom Hardin and County Clerk Lisa Borgmann did not want to reduce hours of operation by adding a fifth site.
"All the absentees are ready to go", she said at a Wednesday morning election board meeting.
Libraries have often served as voting precincts but Director of Elections Bet Dlug said the changes are meant to reduce long lines seen in previous elections because of libraries' limited operating hours and space for a sufficient number of machines.
- Flash announcement on nuclear agreement with Iran from the UK
- Spain sets clock ticking on Catalan independence row
- Trump names Eric Hargan as acting Health Secretary
- Pékin monte en créneau face à Trump — Accord nucléaire iranien
- Un policier de la BRI blessé mortellement lors d'un exercice — Toulouse
- Miguel Cotto to hang up gloves after fighting Sadam Ali
- Ayan Mukerji's Next Directorial Film is Titled 'Brahmastra', Release Date Revealed
- Military sources: Syrian Army encircles ISIS in Al-Mayadeen
- Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony perform on Univision-Telemundo disaster-relief simulcast
- Thailand Bans Smoking on Popular Beaches