The United States is planning on quitting UNESCO over its perceived anti-Israel bias.
The decision comes as part of the Trump administration's attempts to slash its funding to the organization, which it owes some $500 million, the report said.
USA officials have told The Associated Press that the United States is pulling out of UNESCO, after repeated criticism of resolutions by the U.N. cultural agency that Washington sees as anti-Israel.
The organization has voted through several decision that have enraged Israel, particularly resolutions that appear to downplay or omit the importance of holy sites in Jerusalem and West Bank to Judaism.
Devineni Uma opens Srisailam floodgates, releases water
Minister for Irrigation Devineni Uma Maheswar Rao, along with engineers from the department also performed puja at the dam site. So far this year, no water was released from either the NSP Left Canal or The NSP Right Canal for irrigation.
United States has finally withdrawn from UNESCO citing issues relating to Palestinian Tensions.
The United States indicated to the Director General its desire to remain engaged with UNESCO as a non-member observer state in order to contribute US views, perspectives and expertise on some of the important issues undertaken by the organization, including the protection of world heritage, advocating for press freedoms, and promoting scientific collaboration and education.
However, the State Department has maintained a mission at the agency's Paris headquarters.
- Les femmes de Khalifa Sall restent déterminées, les avocats veulent aller à la Cour de justice de la CEDEAO
- Justin Trudeau writes essay on parenting for International Day of the Girl
- Pak Senate passes resolution against law aiding Nawaj Sharif
- Fairfield-Suisun closes all schools for rest of week due to fires
- "Zidane m'a conseillé d'aller à l'OL", confie Mariano
- India face Macau with eye on Asian Cup 2019 berth
- Volley-ball/CAN féminin : participation catastrophique de la RDC à Yaoundé
- Jailed mom 'devastated' to learn son was vaccinated
- Scotch Whisky Makers Sell A Million Fewer Bottles After Tax Hike
- PSG : Emery fait le point sur les blessés