"Our festivals have already lost their sheen". There is (an) excess of silence.
Incidentally, State Minister and Sena leader Kadam had earlier said he would request Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to ban the sale of firecrackers in the state, on the lines of the apex court's verdict for the Delhi-NCR region. "One day resentment will explode", he told reporters.
In the meantime, Environment Minister Ramdas Kadam put to rest all the rumours regarding a similar ban in Maharashtra. He had came under sharp criticism from party colleague Sanjay Raut and MNS chief Raj Thackeray for his remarks. He now gloats of the Hindutva ideology, "The party will not support anything that goes against Hindu sentiments".
"I had never said the state government is contemplating a ban", Kadam said.
Wall Street end record high post the US Fed meet minutes
The major index futures are now pointing to a slightly lower open for the markets, with the Dow futures down by 9 points. In overseas trading, stock markets across the Asia-Pacific region moved mostly higher during trading on Wednesday.
The Sena supremo also criticised the curbs on celebrations during Hindu festivals when he said, "The only things that they have not said till now are that tear off the "Panchang" (Almanac) because festivals are all humbug". This will mean that the BMC won't be required for permissions and all processes will be handled by the state government.
Thackeray also discussed the protest over the Metro III vehicle shed coming up inside Aarey Milk Colony, saying permission from the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) was required for it. We will not approve any proposal that brings secondary status to BMC officials. Actually the Urban Development department sent the proposal for granting special status to the Metro project, only for information.
Thackeray also demanded that the Brihanmumbai Muncipal Corporation (BMC) should be taken into consideration for the metro work. On the other hand, he has strongly opposed the construction of a vehicle shed for Metro III at Aarey colony calling it a colossal damage to the environment. The on-going works are causing tremors and shaking the buildings. "However, the Metro 3 officers are taking adequate precautions", he said.
- Nintendo Game Boy Classic Edition In The Works?
- Arvind Kejriwal's blue Wagon R goes missing near Delhi Secretariat
- Wells Fargo ATMs upgraded to allow NFC-enabled, cardless transactions
- La sœur de Kim Jong-un promue au sein du parti unique
- Largest Team USA supporters group demands US Soccer president's resignation
- Son histoire largement développée dans les prochains films Marvel — Hulk
- Owner of Breaking Bad house installs fence to combat fans' pizza throwing
- Fortnite Battle Royale atteint les 10 millions de joueurs en 2 semaines
- Donald Trump reçoit Justin Trudeau, négociations sur le libre-échange
- Weather Warning: Durban braces as gale force winds forecast