"The measures come within the context of its obligation as a responsible member of the global community to strengthen the worldwide will and to stop the proliferation of nuclear weapons and missile programmes", the ministry said.
Entry visas to the UAE will no longer be issued for North Korean citizens and new business licences for North Korean companies wishing to operate in the UAE will be ceased.
The Ministry said the UAE has developed an executive framework in collaboration with state departments to apply UN Security Council resolutions on North Korea and its nuclear programme, primarily resolutions 2371 and 2375.
Bruno Mars leads American Music Awards nominees with 8
Shape of You is also nominated for Video of the Year , alongside Despacito and Bruno's That's What I Like. Mars will compete against The Chainsmokers, Drake , Lamar and Sheeran.
Between 2,000 and 2,500 North Koreans now work in Kuwait, and another estimated 1,000 in Qatar.
The move by the UAE comes after Kuwait, in September, told the North Korean ambassador there he had one month to vacate the country and stopped issuing visas to all North Koreans.
North Korea's nuclear tests and missile launches have stirred global tensions and prompted several rounds of worldwide sanctions at the UN Security Council.
- GOP Senator Asks Trump If He's 'Recanting' Constitutional Oath
- GM announces production reduction at Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant
- Crash d'un avion militaire en Espagne
- Falling Toronto market drags down Teranet-National Bank home price index
- Nadal, Federer cruise into Shanghai Masters quarterfinals
- François Fillon placé sous le statut de témoin assisté — Affaire Penelope
- Technical Snapshots for Investors: JetBlue Airways Corporation (JBLU)
- Jeanne Moreau à l'honneur de la prochaine cérémonie des César
- Backstage News On Plans For Enzo Amore And The Cruiserweight Title
- Trump Tells Longtime Employee 'I Hate Everyone in the White House'