The Chairman of Hurriyat forum, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq in his statement said occupation authorities and police are adopting a lackadaisical approach in curbing rising incidents of braid-chopping.
He said the rumour had spread like a "wild fire" last evening. "People got emotional and started pelting stones at security forces establishments and vehicles", a police spokesman said.
"It was planned to generate a potential for civil unrest", he said.
In another case, the police arrested two people in connection with rumour-mongering that led to the beating up of a group of rag-pickers in Lasjan area of the city on October 9.
Jammu and Kashmir police has formed a special investigation team to crack the cases.
Minnesota man faked cancer diagnosis, used donated money on alcohol, marijuana
Investigators said the first time they met with Smith, he told them that he would turn over his medical records. The Rice County court administrator says Smith does not yet have an attorney who could speak on his behalf.
The braid chopping incident was also reported from Bandi area of Uri, where hair of an 18-year-old girl was chopped by unknown persons when she had gone to a washroom outside her home in the early hours today.
There has been no let up in braid chopping incidents in the Valley and people continue to take to roads to protest against such incidents.
"This is the second attack by braid choppers in our area in two days".
In Malapora area of Pulwama district, the braid of a young girl was chopped off this afternoon, sparking protest in the area. "What is the police doing?" asked a neighbor of the alleged braid chopping victim from Baba Demb.
The braid chopping incidents have created a fear psychosis among residents of Kashmir, particularly women, as the culprits have been carrying out their attacks regularly.
- Scientists squint past Uranus and see another tiny ring
- President Trump May Issue Executive Order on Obamacare
- Dunelm's shares rise as online sales spike but margins drop
- United Kingdom to hold another round of clean energy auctions in 2019
- Allison-Madueke forfeits 56 houses worth $22m to FG
- Lupin acquires Symbiomix Therapeutics for United States dollars 150 mn
- Milan, contro l'Inter tocca a Bonaventura: Montella si ricrede sull'ex Atalanta
- Sophie Dowsley: Body of missing Melbourne woman recovered in Canada
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line's New Mammoth Symphony of the Seas
- Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE:EAT) Valuation According To Analysts