Per the site, the story "follows a boy, who in order to save his mother from certain death, enters a parallel world known as the Territories in search of a powerful talisman".
More of Stephen King's terrifying imagination is making its way to the silver screen. Jack must travel through both the USA and the Territories to find an object known as the Talisman, that he believes will save his mother live.
Amblin Entertainment has tapped filmmaker Josh Boone to write the adaptation of The Talisman, the 1984 fantasy novel King co-wrote with Peter Straub, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Though Boone is only on board to pen the script, the outlet suggests that there is a "possibility he could eventually direct as well".
Introducing the brand new waterproof Kindle Oasis
The new Oasis ditches the magnetically-attached cradle design of the original - relying entirely on a built-in battery. Amazon has introduced an all-new Kindle with a 7-inch display and waterproof design dubbed as Kindle Oasis 2nd gen.
Frank Marshall is producing and Michael Wright is executive producing.
This won't be Boone's first runaround with King, as he was previously working on a film based on The Stand. That adaptation is now in development.
Boone broke out as a helmer when he wrote and directed the box office hit "The Fault in Our Stars".
Boone recently wrapped production on the X-Men spin-off film New Mutants which stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams, Henry Zaga, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, and Alice Braga.
The Talisman doesn't yet have a cast or a set release date, but we'll keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- Aamir Khan's Dangal wins 2017's highest grossing foreign language in Australia
- Trump sitting down with Sean Hannity for exclusive interview during Pa. visit
- David Padgett hires his ex-head coach Trent Johnson as assistant
- Boko Haram terrorists killed in Borno
- Triple success for 'pre-flown' SpaceX
- Enterprise Products Partners L. (NYSE:EPD) Experiences Lighter than Average Trading Volume
- Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (NASDAQ:HMNY), HP Inc. (NYSE:HPQ)
- Le nouveau casque VR… à 199 dollars — Oculus Go
- Football. Le PSG sur la piste d'un attaquant italien de 16 ans ?
- QCOM) — QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ