On March 17, 2016, Snyder testified before the committee, which was investigating the Flint water crisis, saying he didn't learn of a Legionnaires' disease outbreak until January 12, 2016.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee sent Snyder a letter Thursday.
The letter warns Snyder of the laws regarding perjury and asks for additional information from the governor. During his preliminary hearing last week, Harvey Hollins III, an aide to the governor, stated that he called Snyder in December of 2015 and made him aware of the outbreak of Legionnaires' disease.
Ari Adler, a spokesman for Snyder, told the Detroit Free Press on Thursday that, "the governor testified under oath to Congress, and he stands by his testimony".
In the letter, Gowdy and Cummings cited details of the conflicting testimony.
The committee gave Snyder until October 25 to amend or supplement his testimony.
The lawmakers asked Snyder to respond by October 25 and told Snyder that under federal law it is perjury to "knowingly and willfully" make a false statement under oath.
Mark Streit au ballotage — Canadiens
Selon plusieurs experts, notamment sur la chaîne de radio "91.9 Sport de Montréal", il n'est pas exclu que Streit soit réclamé. Comme annoncé ce matin, l'avenir du défenseur Mark Streit ne se trouve plus à Montréal.
Perjury prosecutions for lying to Congress are rare.
Flint families deserve to know the truth about when the Governor first learned of the Legionnaires' outbreak.
"Justice for Flint families comes in many forms, including holding those in state government who created the crisis accountable".
Despite nearly immediate complaints about the color, odor and taste of the water, the state did not acknowledge a lead contamination problem until about October 1, 2015, long after tests showed elevated lead levels in tap water samples and other tests showed a spike in toxic lead levels in the blood of Flint children.
Although other state employees were aware of the spike in Legionnaires' cases in the area and suspicions the disease was related to river water as early as 2014, Snyder has maintained he was never given that information.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this.
- Rose McGowan suspendue par Twitter !
- Mascherano arrêtera la sélection après le Mondial — Argentine
- Cancer survivor Christina Applegate had ovaries, Fallopian tubes removed
- HP Retains Top Spot as Global PC Shipments Continue to Fall: Gartner
- Dias: GM's plans to produce Equinox in Mexico 'war on Canada'
- UAE cuts ties with North Korea, stops visas to its nationals
- Paramedics save man after he swallows whole live dover sole
- Célibataire après 3 ans de relation avec FKA Twigs — Robert Pattinson
- Mexico readies for worst as 4th round of NAFTA talks open
- Joe Biden unveils anti-child abuse partnership in Warminster