On March 17, 2016, Snyder testified before the committee, which was investigating the Flint water crisis, saying he didn't learn of a Legionnaires' disease outbreak until January 12, 2016.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee sent Snyder a letter Thursday.
The letter warns Snyder of the laws regarding perjury and asks for additional information from the governor. During his preliminary hearing last week, Harvey Hollins III, an aide to the governor, stated that he called Snyder in December of 2015 and made him aware of the outbreak of Legionnaires' disease.
Ari Adler, a spokesman for Snyder, told the Detroit Free Press on Thursday that, "the governor testified under oath to Congress, and he stands by his testimony".
In the letter, Gowdy and Cummings cited details of the conflicting testimony.
The committee gave Snyder until October 25 to amend or supplement his testimony.
The lawmakers asked Snyder to respond by October 25 and told Snyder that under federal law it is perjury to "knowingly and willfully" make a false statement under oath.
L'Uruguay qualifiée, Cavani buteur
Virtuellement qualifiée avant même son dernier match, l'Uruguay a décroché officiellement son billet pour la Russie. Caceres, Cavani et Luis Suarez (2) sont les buteurs uruguayens.La Bolivie a pu compter sur 2 csc de Silva et Godin.
Perjury prosecutions for lying to Congress are rare.
Flint families deserve to know the truth about when the Governor first learned of the Legionnaires' outbreak.
"Justice for Flint families comes in many forms, including holding those in state government who created the crisis accountable".
Despite nearly immediate complaints about the color, odor and taste of the water, the state did not acknowledge a lead contamination problem until about October 1, 2015, long after tests showed elevated lead levels in tap water samples and other tests showed a spike in toxic lead levels in the blood of Flint children.
Although other state employees were aware of the spike in Legionnaires' cases in the area and suspicions the disease was related to river water as early as 2014, Snyder has maintained he was never given that information.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this.
- Single case of locally transmitted Zika virus confirmed by Florida health department
- Crime spree ends with shooting, carjackings in Sherwood Park, Edmonton
- Libération d'une famille américano-canadienne, retenue en otage au Pakistan depuis 2012
- Yellowstone supervolcano could blow faster than thought, destroy all of mankind
- Falling Toronto market drags down Teranet-National Bank home price index
- Tyson Fury to return in April 2018 before 'summer mega-fight'
- Mascherano arrêtera la sélection après le Mondial — Argentine
- Simple Moving Average Analysis of Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS)
- Dias: GM's plans to produce Equinox in Mexico 'war on Canada'
- Mexico readies for worst as 4th round of NAFTA talks open