The suspect was identified as 26-year-old Jason Paul Schaefer.
According to officials, FBI agents working with other partner agencies served a federal search warrant related to possible explosives at an apartment located in the 18000 block of Northwest Rock Creek Circle.
Police say a man linked to a federal criminal investigation was arrested in Rock Creek after a police chase and a small explosion inside his vehicle injured the man and a deputy during a traffic stop.
Federal agents said there was a small explosion in the vehicle of a suspect after he fled from an attempted traffic stop in Washington County on Wednesday afternoon. A brief pursuit began, but ended quickly.
" "Nicolas Hulot se sent " très utile " au gouvernement
Le chantier est immense et risque de susciter la colère de milliers de Français. Réponse de Nicolas Hulot: "Monsieur le député Favenne".
KOIN-TV cites a bench warrant for Schaefer issued on October 11 that says the Federal Bureau of Investigation learned in September that he was buying "numerous items that were causing concern" including explosive liquid, remotes to remotely set off fireworks, more than 100 electric matches and at least a pound of hexamine, which can be used to make home-made explosives and is frequently used in suicide bombings. He was taken into custody for a probation violation, Steele said.
A Washington County deputy was also taken to a hospital after being near the small blast while approaching the SUV when it stopped fleeing from authorities.
Schaefer was previously convicted in April on the charge of felon in possession of body armor.
"At this time there is no known threat to public safety", the news release states. Deputies also closed northbound traffic on Northwest 185th Avenue at Highway 26, with traffic diverted onto westbound Highway 26.
- Police treating death of woman following Fermanagh crash as murder
- Johanna Konta's WTA Finals hopes end with Kremlin Cup withdrawal
- Actor James Van Der Beek revealed that he had been sexually assaulted
- Eminem releases an Anti-Trump Rap Cypher
- Western Digital Announces 'Breakthrough' In Disk-Drive Storage
- Nokia 9 renders with curved glass and bezel-less design surface online
- "Chasse aux DRH": 41 personnes interpellées au Bois de Boulogne
- Lufthansa signera ce jeudi l'accord avec Air Berlin-Spohr
- Non-bailable arrest warrants issued for Imran Khan in contempt case
- HSBC appoints John Flint as new CEO