Resembling a latter-day Johann Sebastian Bach lost in Margaritaville, Branson has chose to add high-speed tubes to his portfolio of transit companies already in the Virgin Group, which includes two regular-speed train divisions, Virgin Atlantic (planes), and Virgin Galactic (commercial space flight, eventually).
Hyperloop One just got a major vote of confidence from one of the world's most recognizable billionaire industrialists not named Elon Musk. From our airlines to our trains to our spaceline, we have always been passionate about innovation in transport too, especially the development of technology that could transform people's lives. The terms of the deal weren't disclosed, but the investment was significant enough that Hyperloop One will now be called Virgin Hyperloop.
Watchdog provisionally clears Just Eat's take out of Hungryhouse
It said on Thursday: "We are pleased that the CMA has provisionally concluded that this transaction does not lessen competition". The CMA also took into account that many consumers order directly from restaurants over the phone...
Richard Branson is jumping on the Hyperloop train, the transport concept which could reduce the time it takes to travel between London and Edinburgh to just 50 minutes.
One of Hyperloop One's co-founders, head of engineering Josh Giegel, previously worked for Branson at his Virgin Galactic space venture.
The Virgin founder also noted his commitment to ensuring Hyperloop One remains all-electric, and "is a responsible and sustainable form of transport".
- Pakistan appoints judge for ICJ panel hearing Kulbhushan Jadhav's case
- Niger: Pentagon Blames Islamic State in Deadly Attack on US Forces
- Les Tamagotchi sont de retour en France en édition limitée
- 'Being Mary Jane' to End With 2-Hour Movie in 2018
- Interrogé sur Eric Zemmour, Omar Sy s'énerve et dézingue Anne-Elisabeth Lemoine
- Donald Trump: US Policy on North Korea Has Failed for 25 Years
- Italian granted sick pay to care for ill dog
- Legends of Tomorrow : une star de la série va partir [SPOILERS]
- Chelsea Fear Kante's Injury Is Far Worse Than First Thought
- Southwest Airlines to fly to Hawaii in 2018