"Under the terms of the deal, NewMotion will continue business as usual as a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell", the oil and gas supermajor said in its statement, which did not disclose the price of the acquisition.
NewMotion operates more than 30K electric charging points in the Netherlands, Germany, France and the United Kingdom, and provides access to a network of 50K-plus public charge points across 25 European countries, serving more than 100K registered charge cards.
ACLU Sues Over Kansas Law Against Boycotts Of Israel
Several other states have similar anti-Israel boycott laws on the books. As a result, Senate sponsors of the bill are considering changes.
"Today's announcement is an early step towards ensuring customers can access a range of refuelling choices over the coming decades, as new technologies evolve to co-exist with traditional transport fuels", said Shell's vice president for new fuels, Matthew Tipper.
"This move provides customers the flexibility to charge their electric vehicles at home, work and on the go".
Analysts at Bloomberg New Energy Finance predicted this year that one-third of automobiles in the world will be electric by 2040, a shift that will cut demand for oil production by about 8 million barrels a day.
- GM announces production reduction at Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant
- British PM May says Brexit talks making good progress
- Largest Team USA supporters group demands US Soccer president's resignation
- Befriend your Rotom Dex and…play…Roto Loto? in Pokemon USUM
- White SC restaurant manager accused of torturing, 'enslaving' mentally challenged black man
- Trump Tells Longtime Employee 'I Hate Everyone in the White House'
- Delhi Metro Price Hike: All You Need To Know
- François Fillon placé sous le statut de témoin assisté — Affaire Penelope
- Dun-Laoghaire - Rathdown has lowest percentage of Catholics, Offaly the highest
- Bruno Mars leads American Music Awards nominees with 8