Not that there was ever much doubt, but Gordon Strachan has today left his post as Scotland manager with immediate effect after failing to qualify for his second major tournament in succession.
A statement read: "The board of the Scottish FA and Gordon Strachan have agreed that the Scotland national team will be led by a new head coach in preparation for the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying campaign".
The Scottish Football Association announced that Strachan would not continue in the role after Scotland's World Cup hopes ended with a 2-2 draw in Slovenia on Sunday. The 60-year-old was not present at the meeting, which was scheduled prior to the conclusion of Scotland's World Cup qualifying campaign.
A 2-2 draw in their final qualifier against Slovenia last week was enough to see the Scots fall short of reaching Russian Federation 2018 on goal difference, with Strachan left to rue his side's genetic deficiencies in the aftermath.
Watchdog provisionally clears Just Eat's take out of Hungryhouse
It said on Thursday: "We are pleased that the CMA has provisionally concluded that this transaction does not lessen competition". The CMA also took into account that many consumers order directly from restaurants over the phone...
Strachan, a former midfielder for Scotland, Manchester United and Leeds, took charge of the national team in January 2013.
He said of the decision: "I said on my first day as Scotland manager that it was the proudest moment of my career and that I wanted to put a smile back on the nation's face again".
"I share the profound disappointment at missing out on the playoffs, especially having worked so hard to fight our way back into contention", Strachan said.
"I would like to thank the Board, the backroom staff and everyone at the Scottish FA for the help and support they have given me as national coach".
- Niger: Pentagon Blames Islamic State in Deadly Attack on US Forces
- 'Being Mary Jane' to End With 2-Hour Movie in 2018
- Heinze au FC Metz, c'est crédible ?
- Italian granted sick pay to care for ill dog
- Xbox One Will Still Get Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility This Year
- Chelsea Fear Kante's Injury Is Far Worse Than First Thought
- Legends of Tomorrow : une star de la série va partir [SPOILERS]
- DJ Cooper déjà sur le départ — Gravelines
- Roger Federer qualifié sans difficulté pour les quarts à Shanghai
- Google Opinion Rewards Finally Comes to iOS