Not that there was ever much doubt, but Gordon Strachan has today left his post as Scotland manager with immediate effect after failing to qualify for his second major tournament in succession.
A statement read: "The board of the Scottish FA and Gordon Strachan have agreed that the Scotland national team will be led by a new head coach in preparation for the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying campaign".
The Scottish Football Association announced that Strachan would not continue in the role after Scotland's World Cup hopes ended with a 2-2 draw in Slovenia on Sunday. The 60-year-old was not present at the meeting, which was scheduled prior to the conclusion of Scotland's World Cup qualifying campaign.
A 2-2 draw in their final qualifier against Slovenia last week was enough to see the Scots fall short of reaching Russian Federation 2018 on goal difference, with Strachan left to rue his side's genetic deficiencies in the aftermath.
Les Etats-Unis se retirent de l'Unesco, mais resteront observateurs
Jusqu'à quatre tours de scrutin peuvent être organisés si aucun candidat n'atteint la majorité absolue. L'Unesco " regrette profondément " le retrait annoncé des Etats-Unis de l'institution.
Strachan, a former midfielder for Scotland, Manchester United and Leeds, took charge of the national team in January 2013.
He said of the decision: "I said on my first day as Scotland manager that it was the proudest moment of my career and that I wanted to put a smile back on the nation's face again".
"I share the profound disappointment at missing out on the playoffs, especially having worked so hard to fight our way back into contention", Strachan said.
"I would like to thank the Board, the backroom staff and everyone at the Scottish FA for the help and support they have given me as national coach".
- Volley-ball/CAN féminin : participation catastrophique de la RDC à Yaoundé
- Roger Federer qualifié sans difficulté pour les quarts à Shanghai
- USA pulls out of UNESCO amid Palestinian tensions
- Niger: Pentagon Blames Islamic State in Deadly Attack on US Forces
- Heinze au FC Metz, c'est crédible ?
- 'Being Mary Jane' to End With 2-Hour Movie in 2018
- Xbox One Will Still Get Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility This Year
- Google Opinion Rewards Finally Comes to iOS
- Florida doctor recorded screaming at patient claims woman was 'abusive to staff'
- Haute-Garonne : handicapé, il poursuit son ami une hache à la main