A fisherman was brought back to life after a Dover Sole came off its hook and slipped down his throat, blocking his airways with its gills.
The 28-year-old man, whose name was not released, was fishing on Boscombe Pier in Bournemouth on October 5 when he caught a 6-inch Dover sole, reports The Guardian.
When paramedics arrived at the scene at Boscombe pier in Dorset, they found the angler in a "desperate" situation and their initial attempts to get the man breathing again proved futile.
A man almost choked to death after a fish that he was playing with jumped up and got lodged in his throat.
Friends were performing CPR, as directed by an emergency medical dispatcher on the line from the 999 control room.
L'Uruguay qualifiée, Cavani buteur
Virtuellement qualifiée avant même son dernier match, l'Uruguay a décroché officiellement son billet pour la Russie. Caceres, Cavani et Luis Suarez (2) sont les buteurs uruguayens.La Bolivie a pu compter sur 2 csc de Silva et Godin.
Despite the paramedics artificially ventilating him with a bag and mask his chest remained silent, suggesting there was total airway occlusion and he was not receiving any oxygen. They said they were very concerned that if the fish broke up as they were trying to hook it out the patient would die.
"It was clear that we needed to get the fish out or this patient was not going to survive the short journey to Royal Bournemouth Hospital", Martyn Box from South Western Ambulance Service said.
They used a laryngoscope to extend the mouth to inspect the throat to see the fish trapped inside.
"If I lost grip or a piece broke off and it slid further out of sight, then there was nothing more that we could have done to retrieve the obstruction", he told the Guardian.
Harrison added: "I have never attended a more freakish incident and don't think I ever will - but we're all so glad the patient has no lasting effects from his cardiac arrest, which could so easily have had such a tragic and devastating outcome".
- Bannon: GOP's Entire 'Establishment Globalist Clique' Must Go
- Rose McGowan suspendue par Twitter !
- Libération d'une famille américano-canadienne, retenue en otage au Pakistan depuis 2012
- Mexico readies for worst as 4th round of NAFTA talks open
- Equifax reportedly hacked again, this tie with fake pop ups
- Célibataire après 3 ans de relation avec FKA Twigs — Robert Pattinson
- Lloyds buys Zurich UK's pensions, savings business
- Falling Toronto market drags down Teranet-National Bank home price index
- Italie : deux détenus profitent d'un repas avec le pape pour s'évader
- Justice Dept. gives 'last chance' for sanctuary cities to comply