Vendredi, 21 Septembre 2018
Dernières nouvelles
Principale » Paramedics save man after he swallows whole live dover sole

Paramedics save man after he swallows whole live dover sole

12 Octobre 2017

A fisherman was brought back to life after a Dover Sole came off its hook and slipped down his throat, blocking his airways with its gills.

The 28-year-old man, whose name was not released, was fishing on Boscombe Pier in Bournemouth on October 5 when he caught a 6-inch Dover sole, reports The Guardian.

When paramedics arrived at the scene at Boscombe pier in Dorset, they found the angler in a "desperate" situation and their initial attempts to get the man breathing again proved futile.

A man almost choked to death after a fish that he was playing with jumped up and got lodged in his throat.

Friends were performing CPR, as directed by an emergency medical dispatcher on the line from the 999 control room.

Leonard Fournette's No. 27 jersey headed to Hall of Fame
Fournette has scored a touchdown in each of his five games this season, with two on record for Week 5. The former LSU running back has 466 rushing yards and five touchdowns for the season.

Despite the paramedics artificially ventilating him with a bag and mask his chest remained silent, suggesting there was total airway occlusion and he was not receiving any oxygen. They said they were very concerned that if the fish broke up as they were trying to hook it out the patient would die.

"It was clear that we needed to get the fish out or this patient was not going to survive the short journey to Royal Bournemouth Hospital", Martyn Box from South Western Ambulance Service said.

They used a laryngoscope to extend the mouth to inspect the throat to see the fish trapped inside.

"If I lost grip or a piece broke off and it slid further out of sight, then there was nothing more that we could have done to retrieve the obstruction", he told the Guardian.

Harrison added: "I have never attended a more freakish incident and don't think I ever will - but we're all so glad the patient has no lasting effects from his cardiac arrest, which could so easily have had such a tragic and devastating outcome".

Paramedics save man after he swallows whole live dover sole