Tassaduq Hussain Jillani, Pakistan's former chief justice was appointed as an ad-hoc judge at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to represent Pakistan in the Kulbhushan Jadhav case.
The ICJ allows a party in a case to nominate a judge ad hoc when the court has no judge of its nationality.
Justice Jillani served as a judge of the Supreme Court from July 31, 2004 to Dec 11, 2013 and subsequently as the 21st chief justice from Dec 11, 2013 to July 5, 2014.
His appointment was made after military, civil and legal officers over the weekend discussed the course of action.
Forced by the criticism and loss of face when India won the round one of the case, the government of Pakistan then began to seriously look for someone who could represent it at the ICJ.
India has submitted its 22-page written response in the ICJ while Pakistan will submit its reply by December 13.
Volley-ball/CAN féminin : participation catastrophique de la RDC à Yaoundé
Et le mardi 10 octobre, elles se sont inclinées par la même marque de zéro set à trois face aux Nigérianes (19-25, 14-25, 15-25). Le Kenya qui reste la nation la plus titrée du volley-ball africain, avec 9 trophées remportés sur les 17 tournois organisés.
Islamabad resorted to the move as the 12-member tribunal hearing Jadhav's case has an Indian member - Dalveer Bhandari, a former Supreme Court judge.
India had contended that it was not informed of Mr. Jadhav's detention until long after his arrest and that Pakistan failed to inform the accused of his rights.
The operative had contacts with banned organizations and was working on plans to break Karachi and Balochistan away from Pakistan, and to sabotage the billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project. Earlier that month, India had approached the ICJ to seek the annulment of the death sentence awarded by the military court to Jadhav.
India, however, maintains that Jadhav was kidnapped from Iran where he had business interests after retiring from the Indian Navy.
Jadhav has filed a mercy petition to Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa, to spare his life on "compassionate grounds".
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Xbox One Will Still Get Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility This Year
- Justin Trudeau writes essay on parenting for International Day of the Girl
- Niger: Pentagon Blames Islamic State in Deadly Attack on US Forces
- Nasser Al-Khelaïfi mis en cause par la justice suisse
- 'Being Mary Jane' to End With 2-Hour Movie in 2018
- With Win In Mumbai Civic By-Election BJP Just 2 Seats Behind Sena
- Watchdog provisionally clears Just Eat's take out of Hungryhouse
- Les Etats-Unis se retirent de l'Unesco, mais resteront observateurs
- Et maintenant, un ouragan sur la France métropolitaine — Ouragan Ophelia