Canadian Joshua Boyle, his American wife Caitlan Coleman and their children are on their way home after five years held hostage by the Haqqani network.
The last known footage of the couple surfaced in December past year when they appeared in video urging their governments to secure their release.
According to an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) statement issued here, the hostages were recovered in an intelligence-based operation conducted by Pakistani troops.
The Taliban released a "proof of life" video of Coleman, Boyle and their two children in December 2016 where Coleman addressed President Barack Obama and then President-elect Trump, saying the Taliban "are not going to simply release our family easily, because it is correct".
Devineni Uma opens Srisailam floodgates, releases water
Minister for Irrigation Devineni Uma Maheswar Rao, along with engineers from the department also performed puja at the dam site. So far this year, no water was released from either the NSP Left Canal or The NSP Right Canal for irrigation.
ABC News reports that Caitlan Coleman, 31, and her husband Joshua Boyle, 34, were freed from Taliban captivity and then secured in an exchange between Pakistani military and USA commandos late Wednesday. But this is a country that did not respect us.
Defense Secretary James Mattis and Gen. Joseph Dunford told Congress last week Pakistan would no longer be a sanctuary for terrorism.
The Haqqani network has been accused of masterminding several high-profile terrorist attacks in the Afghan capital and have been known to kidnap Western hostages and smuggle them across the border into Pakistan.
In September, three administration officials told CNN that US Special Operations Forces from SEAL Team 6 attempted to rescue the two teachers shortly after they were kidnapped but the captives were not at the location the US forces raided.
- Njie n'est toujours pas rentré sur Marseille — OM
- Agüero adorerait jouer avec Messi à Man City
- "Chasse aux DRH": 41 personnes interpellées au Bois de Boulogne
- Comment elle entretient la passion avec Nicolas Sarkozy — Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
- Meghan Markle and prince Harry : there is marriage in the air ! - Here
- Scotch Whisky Makers Sell A Million Fewer Bottles After Tax Hike
- Apple Reportedly Working On Foldable Phone With LG Display
- Bay Area teams pledge $450000 for fire relief efforts
- From warm to cool and back again
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes