Canadian Joshua Boyle, his American wife Caitlan Coleman and their children are on their way home after five years held hostage by the Haqqani network.
The last known footage of the couple surfaced in December past year when they appeared in video urging their governments to secure their release.
According to an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) statement issued here, the hostages were recovered in an intelligence-based operation conducted by Pakistani troops.
The Taliban released a "proof of life" video of Coleman, Boyle and their two children in December 2016 where Coleman addressed President Barack Obama and then President-elect Trump, saying the Taliban "are not going to simply release our family easily, because it is correct".
LG and Apple may partner to make foldable displays for the iPhone
LG has recently started its first OLED production for phones at its E5 plant in Gumi, North Gyeongsang Province. Sources say the two firms have tentatively agreed on the investment but details have not yet been finalized.
ABC News reports that Caitlan Coleman, 31, and her husband Joshua Boyle, 34, were freed from Taliban captivity and then secured in an exchange between Pakistani military and USA commandos late Wednesday. But this is a country that did not respect us.
Defense Secretary James Mattis and Gen. Joseph Dunford told Congress last week Pakistan would no longer be a sanctuary for terrorism.
The Haqqani network has been accused of masterminding several high-profile terrorist attacks in the Afghan capital and have been known to kidnap Western hostages and smuggle them across the border into Pakistan.
In September, three administration officials told CNN that US Special Operations Forces from SEAL Team 6 attempted to rescue the two teachers shortly after they were kidnapped but the captives were not at the location the US forces raided.
- Scotch Whisky Makers Sell A Million Fewer Bottles After Tax Hike
- Njie n'est toujours pas rentré sur Marseille — OM
- "Chasse aux DRH": 41 personnes interpellées au Bois de Boulogne
- 3rd arrest made in beating of black man at Virginia rally
- Traders Sell Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) on Strength (XOM)
- CM Siddaramaiah's New Year gift: Indira Canteens in all taluks
- Military plane crash in Spain - casualties unclear
- From warm to cool and back again
- Comment elle entretient la passion avec Nicolas Sarkozy — Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
- Small explosion in suspect's vehicle during OR traffic stop, police say