A village pub in North Yorkshire is the best restaurant in the world, according to an worldwide survey of customer reviews.
The Black Swan in Oldstead near Thirsk has won the award which is based on TripAdvisor reviews. Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons came second while Heston Blumental's Fat Duck finished 12th.
Triple success for 'pre-flown' SpaceX
The rocket being used for Wednesday's launch was previously used in February for an International Space Station supply mission. The white rocket blasted off at 5:37 am (1237 GMT), before sunrise, from Vandenberg Air Force base in California.
It marks the first time a United Kingdom restaurant has topped the world category since the awards began in 2012. Since then, they and their parents have transformed the pub into the world's best rated fine dining restaurant, with Tommy, who was the youngest British head chef ever to win a Michelin star at the age of 24.
With a strong focus on fresh, local ingredients, many sourced straight from their own garden, the pub serves dishes such as squid dressed in horseradish juice, Texel lamb with turnip and mint, and cake made from chicory root and blackcurrant.
- Warriors' players under the belief guarding Westbrook is 'like cake to them'
- Accountability court resumes hearing of illegal assets case against Dar
- Kids Born Via C-Section More Likely To Be Obese As Adults
- Stephen King's 'The Talisman' Movie Taps Writer Josh Boone
- David Padgett hires his ex-head coach Trent Johnson as assistant
- Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (NASDAQ:HMNY), HP Inc. (NYSE:HPQ)
- New York Jets: Upcoming opponent is not what it used to be
- Indian pacer Nehra hints at retirement in November
- Introducing the brand new waterproof Kindle Oasis
- Germany: 'No evidence' Russian Federation used Kaspersky software to spy on US