The ECP has directed the authorities to appear the accused before the bench on October 26 after arresting him.
The warrants have been issued for the said date to ensure presence of the PTI chairman before the ECP on the next hearing.
"The commission has surprisingly issued a warrant in the same case where a previous one was suspended by a full-bench of Islamabad High Court [IHC]", he remarked.
Calling the court proceedings against Imran as sponsored action, he said that some political quarters are engaged to distract democratic reforms' process and such cases against his client were being filed under a malicious design.
The PTI leader had initially challenged the maintainability of the contempt petition and raised objections over the ECP's jurisdiction to initiate contempt proceedings against him.
Party spokesperson Naeem ul Haque echoed similar sentiments and expressed resentment over the regulatory body's orders.
Morrisons launches the hottest supermarket curry in the UK
Morrisons has recommended only people over 16 try the chicken dish due to the heat it packs. This new one's called the "Volcanic Vindaloo", and its packet states: "Warning".
The documents - detailing bank transactions in connection with Khan's assets and accounts of his offshore company, Niazi Services Ltd - are not verified and have been submitted very late in the case, Abbasi argued in his petition, submitted separately with his reply in the case.
"We were demanding the reply which you [Babar Awan] have submitted today", the bench remarked.
He said Imran Khan did not declare his London flat in his tax returns and nomination papers for elections.
Haroon Shinwari, a spokesman for the Election Commission, says its panel of judges issued an arrest warrant for Khan on Thursday.
In the previous hearing, the PTI chief, in his reply submitted through his lawyer Babar Awan, stated that "I respect the ECP and believe in the supremacy of institutions".
The PTI chief's counsel then requested the ECP to withdraw the show-cause notice issued on September 24.
- Lufthansa set to sign Air Berlin deal
- Triple success for 'pre-flown' SpaceX
- Sia finally drops wig in her latest boob-sharing photo on Instagram!
- Tokyo stocks close at fresh two-decade highs
- Director Ryan Coogler Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse In Hollywood
- Enterprise Products Partners L. (NYSE:EPD) Experiences Lighter than Average Trading Volume
- Carlos Nuzman resigns from Brazil's Olympics Committee after IOC terminates his membership
- Indian pacer Nehra hints at retirement in November
- North Yorkshire Restaurant Rated 'Best In The World'
- Stephen King's 'The Talisman' Movie Taps Writer Josh Boone