The ECP has directed the authorities to appear the accused before the bench on October 26 after arresting him.
The warrants have been issued for the said date to ensure presence of the PTI chairman before the ECP on the next hearing.
"The commission has surprisingly issued a warrant in the same case where a previous one was suspended by a full-bench of Islamabad High Court [IHC]", he remarked.
Calling the court proceedings against Imran as sponsored action, he said that some political quarters are engaged to distract democratic reforms' process and such cases against his client were being filed under a malicious design.
The PTI leader had initially challenged the maintainability of the contempt petition and raised objections over the ECP's jurisdiction to initiate contempt proceedings against him.
Party spokesperson Naeem ul Haque echoed similar sentiments and expressed resentment over the regulatory body's orders.
Poll dates for Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh today
The 2012 Gujarat legislative assembly elections were held in December 2012 for all 182 members of the state legislative assembly. For the first time, the poll panel will also introduce all-women polling stations in Gujarat in all assembly segments.
The documents - detailing bank transactions in connection with Khan's assets and accounts of his offshore company, Niazi Services Ltd - are not verified and have been submitted very late in the case, Abbasi argued in his petition, submitted separately with his reply in the case.
"We were demanding the reply which you [Babar Awan] have submitted today", the bench remarked.
He said Imran Khan did not declare his London flat in his tax returns and nomination papers for elections.
Haroon Shinwari, a spokesman for the Election Commission, says its panel of judges issued an arrest warrant for Khan on Thursday.
In the previous hearing, the PTI chief, in his reply submitted through his lawyer Babar Awan, stated that "I respect the ECP and believe in the supremacy of institutions".
The PTI chief's counsel then requested the ECP to withdraw the show-cause notice issued on September 24.
- Germany: 'No evidence' Russian Federation used Kaspersky software to spy on US
- Arsenal´s defensive woes mount with Mustafi out for up to six weeks
- Football. Le PSG sur la piste d'un attaquant italien de 16 ans ?
- QCOM) — QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ
- Indian pacer Nehra hints at retirement in November
- Another starter gone, Cowboys DT Stephen Paea tells coaches he is retiring
- Google removes Home Mini's touch functionality following privacy concerns
- Carlos Nuzman resigns from Brazil's Olympics Committee after IOC terminates his membership
- North Yorkshire Restaurant Rated 'Best In The World'
- Enterprise Products Partners L. (NYSE:EPD) Experiences Lighter than Average Trading Volume