The soap star's character has also been revealed as he arrives in Erinsborough to confront a hard chapter from his past.
Thomas, 33, said of his new role: "I grew up watching Neighbours so to get the chance to join the cast is wonderful".
Ryan added: "I was on holiday with my daughter when I got a phone call from my agent asking if I'd like to play this part..."
He will be seen on-screen in Neighbours, which airs in the United Kingdom on Channel 5, from early 2018.
"I spoke to the producer and found out more".
High Court Likely To Deliver Verdict Today In Aarushi Talwar Murder Case
Noida Police alleged that Rajesh had committed the twin murders after finding Aarushi and Hemraj in an "objectionable" position. The murders of Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj gripped the imagination of the nation, indeed several other parts of the world.
The actor, who played Weatherfield's Jason Grimshaw for 16 years, will play Rafael Humphreys, a mysterious loner with dark secrets who arrives in Erinsborough looking to escape a particularly hard chapter from his past. "It was quite a deep, dark story - that really interested me".
Greg Barnett; Commissioning Editor at Channel 5 added: 'With his good looks and Corrie years under his belt, Ryan is the ideal handsome devil. "His arrival in Erinsborough marks the start of darker times for a particular Ramsay Street favourite - prepare to be gripped!"
Ryan, brother of Emmerdale's Adam and Love Island's Scott Thomas, said he can't wait to start filming.
He became a household name in the United Kingdom thanks to his role as Jason Grimshaw in Corrie, joining on Christmas Day 2000.
Neighbours airs on weekdays on Channel 5.
- Justin Trudeau writes essay on parenting for International Day of the Girl
- Meghan Markle and prince Harry : there is marriage in the air ! - Here
- Apple Reportedly Working On Foldable Phone With LG Display
- Tata Teleservices to merge with Airtel on 'cash-free, debt-free' basis
- "Zidane m'a conseillé d'aller à l'OL", confie Mariano
- From warm to cool and back again
- First Industrial Realty Trust, (NYSE:FR) Sees Significantly Lower Trading Volume
- Njie n'est toujours pas rentré sur Marseille — OM
- Military plane crash in Spain - casualties unclear
- Amazon introduces a new discounted Prime subscription price for students