The House of Representatives on Tuesday ordered the Minister of Health, Prof.
This comes after the National Coordinator/Chief Executive Officer of the agency, Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, confirmed that 31 cases of the monkeypox disease had been recorded in the country.
Thirty-one suspected cases of the viral disease have been identified since the first was reported in Bayelsa State on September 22, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). Isaac Adewole, over the outbreak of monkeypox in the country.
"Before the end of today or early tomorrow we should be able to confirm exactly what we are dealing with, is it truly monkeypox". There have also been fatalities in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
"Again, concerned that the disease has spread to other states, notably Uyo in Akwa Ibom State, in spite of concerted efforts by the Bayelsa State Government since the initial report in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State".
Jailed: Bethnal Green man who handled phones stolen by moped-riding robbers
The other two boys got four years and two months each, while Chowdhury was handed a sentence of four years and 10 months. The images were so detailed, Parkinson was able to be identified by his eyes through his visor and bitten fingernails.
"We are looking at the two and hopefully in the next 24 or 48 hours we should be able to make a diagnosis as to what we have", he said.
"Nigerians are advised to remain calm, avoid self-medication and report any suspected case to the nearest health facility", he said. He said if it turns out to be monkeypox, there are two types of the disease; Central African and West African.
'In the wake of this outbreak, the state government is reiterating the need for members of the public to observe and maintain a high standard of personal and environmental hygiene at all times as part of the precautionary measures to prevent the spread to the State.
He said that already the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation had been mandated to forward the white paper on the Report to the Council with a view to restore harmony in the health sector.
- Andrew Wiggins gets paid, but is he worth it?
- Sophie Dowsley: Body of missing Melbourne woman recovered in Canada
- Minnesota man faked cancer diagnosis, used donated money on alcohol, marijuana
- Kashmir: Separatist leader Asiya Andrabi in Beti Bachao event banner
- Ronda Rousey Teases Jump To WWE, 'Would You Really Wanna Know?'
- Razer teases 1 November event, likely for a new smartphone
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (HBAN) fell -0.36 percent in the last trading session
- Cowboys cut offseason pickup CB Carroll
- Lupin acquires Symbiomix Therapeutics for United States dollars 150 mn
- Kindle Oasis : la nouvelle tablette-liseuse de 7 pouces d'Amazon