The House of Representatives on Tuesday ordered the Minister of Health, Prof.
This comes after the National Coordinator/Chief Executive Officer of the agency, Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, confirmed that 31 cases of the monkeypox disease had been recorded in the country.
Thirty-one suspected cases of the viral disease have been identified since the first was reported in Bayelsa State on September 22, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). Isaac Adewole, over the outbreak of monkeypox in the country.
"Before the end of today or early tomorrow we should be able to confirm exactly what we are dealing with, is it truly monkeypox". There have also been fatalities in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
"Again, concerned that the disease has spread to other states, notably Uyo in Akwa Ibom State, in spite of concerted efforts by the Bayelsa State Government since the initial report in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State".
Baytex Energy Corp (NYSE:BTE) Closed Higher Than Its 50 Day Average
Van ECK Associates Corp acquired a new stake in Baytex Energy Corp during the first quarter valued at approximately $394,000. Wall Street is only getting more bullish on the stock, with 3 of analysts who cover BTE having a buy-equivalent rating.
"We are looking at the two and hopefully in the next 24 or 48 hours we should be able to make a diagnosis as to what we have", he said.
"Nigerians are advised to remain calm, avoid self-medication and report any suspected case to the nearest health facility", he said. He said if it turns out to be monkeypox, there are two types of the disease; Central African and West African.
'In the wake of this outbreak, the state government is reiterating the need for members of the public to observe and maintain a high standard of personal and environmental hygiene at all times as part of the precautionary measures to prevent the spread to the State.
He said that already the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation had been mandated to forward the white paper on the Report to the Council with a view to restore harmony in the health sector.
- Z is Reportedly Eyeing Harvey Weinstein's Interest in The Weinstein Company
- Tyrese Gibson Calls Fast & Furious Spinoff 'Selfish'
- Stop braid chopping, I protest: KGP students hold protests
- Trump says could envision trade deal with Canada without Mexico
- Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE:EAT) Valuation According To Analysts
- Kashmir: Separatist leader Asiya Andrabi in Beti Bachao event banner
- Analysts Review: Repros Therapeutics (RPRX)
- Andrew Wiggins gets paid, but is he worth it?
- Ronda Rousey Teases Jump To WWE, 'Would You Really Wanna Know?'
- Sophie Dowsley: Body of missing Melbourne woman recovered in Canada