There was the time he challenged Matthew Perry (who once beat him up in school) to a rematch, the time he pledged $650 million in support of global women's health initiatives, his appearance at Toronto's Pride celebration this year, and now, his essay for MarieClaire.com about raising his kids to be feminists.
In a new essay for MarieClaire.com, Trudeau talks about how he and wife Sophie try to "nurture empathy, compassion, self-love, and a keen sense of justice" in their three children, daughter Ella Grace, 8, and sons Xavier, 9, and Hadrien, 3.
He wrote about the topic for Marie-Claire to mark the International Day Of The Girl, which was declared in 2011 as part of a youth advocacy effort. "But some of the most important work I do is not as a political leader, but as a parent".
"I was talking about teaching Ella that she can be anything she wants to be", Justin wrote. When he took office in 2015, he made it a point to appoint a cabinet with an equal number of women and men.
PSG : Emery fait le point sur les blessés
Il travaille avec l'équipe comme les autres joueurs, sa situation n'est pas différente des autres joueurs de l'équipe . Aujourd'hui, il y a de bons joueurs dans le monde, nous allons bien sûr l'aider à gagner ce titre.
"It is maddening to me that my brilliant, compassionate daughter will grow up in a world where, despite everything she is as a person, there will still be people who won't take her voice seriously, who will write her off-simply because of her gender", he writes.
That being said, women are not exclusively responsible for fixing the issue of gender equality.
"I am going to keep saying loud and clear that I am a feminist until it is met with a shrug", Trudeau said at a UN Women meeting in March 2016. "Sophie said, 'That's great, but how are you raising your sons to be strong advocates for women and girls, too?'" "All of us benefit when women and girls have the same opportunities as men and boys - and it's on all of us to make that a reality". "Our sons have the power and the responsibility to change our culture of sexism, and I want Xavier and Hadrien-when he's a little older-to understand that deeply".
Trudeau wrote that he wanted his sons to be "comfortable" with calling themselves feminists and to "escape the pressure to be a particular kind of masculine that is so damaging to men and to the people around them". "To raise our kids feminist is to honor their future, because they have the responsibility - and the power - to shape it for the better".
- 3rd arrest made in beating of black man at Virginia rally
- "Zidane m'a conseillé d'aller à l'OL", confie Mariano
- Devineni Uma opens Srisailam floodgates, releases water
- Amazon introduces a new discounted Prime subscription price for students
- Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) Holdings Raised by Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc
- Pak Army recovers five foreigners kidnapped in 2012
- Tata Teleservices to merge with Airtel on 'cash-free, debt-free' basis
- Agüero adorerait jouer avec Messi à Man City
- High Court Likely To Deliver Verdict Today In Aarushi Talwar Murder Case
- Supreme Court Issues Guidelines To Accord Senior Designation To Lawyers