The in-form Garcia moved above Konta into the eighth and final qualifying spot for the season-ending tournament in Singapore with back-to-back tournament victories in Asia.
The British number one's withdrawal from next week's event in Moscow means France's Caroline Garcia now takes the final berth in the field for the WTA Finals in Singapore the following week.
The left foot issue that has forced her out of the Kremlin Cup, which begins on Monday, is the same problem which caused the 26-year-old to miss the recent Hong Kong Open.
Last year, Konta suffered similar frustration after narrowly missing out on a place in Finals.
Sia finally drops wig in her latest boob-sharing photo on Instagram!
In March, the Cheap Thrills singer was photographed with a make-up free face and just a hint of lipstick. I was like, 'There's pictures on Instagram of everyone at the dentist'".
In 2016, Konta's fate was also sealed at the Kremlin Cup as a win for Svetlana Kuznetsova in the final against Daria Gavrilova ensured the Russian took the final qualifying place.
Konta, who has lost her last five matches, must now decide whether to accept an alternate place in Singapore, which would see her take the spot of any player forced to pull out.
Caroline Wozniacki (13/2), Venus Williams (8/1) and French Open victor Jelena Ostapenko (8/1) complete the eight-woman field.
- Poll dates for Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh today
- Director Ryan Coogler Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse In Hollywood
- Mobile wallets to become interoperable within six months; RBI issues final guidelines
- North Yorkshire Restaurant Rated 'Best In The World'
- Gucci CEO Says the Luxury Brand Is Done Selling Fur
- Accountability court resumes hearing of illegal assets case against Dar
- David Padgett hires his ex-head coach Trent Johnson as assistant
- Indian pacer Nehra hints at retirement in November
- Lufthansa set to sign Air Berlin deal
- Carlos Nuzman resigns from Brazil's Olympics Committee after IOC terminates his membership