The in-form Garcia moved above Konta into the eighth and final qualifying spot for the season-ending tournament in Singapore with back-to-back tournament victories in Asia.
The British number one's withdrawal from next week's event in Moscow means France's Caroline Garcia now takes the final berth in the field for the WTA Finals in Singapore the following week.
The left foot issue that has forced her out of the Kremlin Cup, which begins on Monday, is the same problem which caused the 26-year-old to miss the recent Hong Kong Open.
Last year, Konta suffered similar frustration after narrowly missing out on a place in Finals.
Google removes Home Mini's touch functionality following privacy concerns
The consumers will be able to continue to be able to control the device using the "Ok Google " or "Hey Google " hotwords. So again, if you ordered a Google Home Mini , you should expect the top touch functionality to no longer work.
In 2016, Konta's fate was also sealed at the Kremlin Cup as a win for Svetlana Kuznetsova in the final against Daria Gavrilova ensured the Russian took the final qualifying place.
Konta, who has lost her last five matches, must now decide whether to accept an alternate place in Singapore, which would see her take the spot of any player forced to pull out.
Caroline Wozniacki (13/2), Venus Williams (8/1) and French Open victor Jelena Ostapenko (8/1) complete the eight-woman field.
- Nokia 9 renders with curved glass and bezel-less design surface online
- Germany: 'No evidence' Russian Federation used Kaspersky software to spy on US
- Stephen King's 'The Talisman' Movie Taps Writer Josh Boone
- Director Ryan Coogler Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse In Hollywood
- Accountability court resumes hearing of illegal assets case against Dar
- Non-bailable arrest warrants issued for Imran Khan in contempt case
- Lufthansa set to sign Air Berlin deal
- DJI's 6K drone camera is created to make movies
- Attention, cette extension AdBlock Plus pour Chrome est un malware
- " "Nicolas Hulot se sent " très utile " au gouvernement