The 38-year-old Nehra was a surprise pick in the Indian team for the ongoing Twenty20 worldwide series against Australia.
Ashish Nehra will bring the curtains down on his 18-year-old worldwide career on November 1 and left-arm seamer hoped it would end on a high in his hometown Delhi, where India and New Zealand will clash for the final T20 global.
Indian media quoted an unnamed Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) official as saying Nehra has informed head coach Ravi Shastri and captain Virat Kohli about his decision.
Indian pacer, Ashish Nehra has reportedly made a decision to retire from worldwide and competitive cricket after the conclusion of the first T20 global match against New Zealand on November 1.
Plagued by injuries, Nehra's career could not touch the heights it was expected to scale but he played his role in some memorable triumphs for Indian cricket.
Nehra will make his final bow on his home ground at Feroz Shah Kotla stadium in New Delhi.
Google removes Home Mini's touch functionality following privacy concerns
The consumers will be able to continue to be able to control the device using the "Ok Google " or "Hey Google " hotwords. So again, if you ordered a Google Home Mini , you should expect the top touch functionality to no longer work.
Nehra did not feature in the opening two games against Australia as in-form new ball duo of Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah was preferred.
"Obviously, there is some element of surprise".
Nehra was recently picked for the three-match T20 global series against Australia but he wasn't picked for the first two matches.
The official intimated that Nehra would have called it quits after the third T20I in Australia but for there being a match at his home ground so soon afterwards. He then played for the Delhi Daredevils, the Chennai Super Kings and the Sunrisers Hyderabad in subsequent editions. He has played 17 Tests (44 wickets), 120 ODIs (157 wickets) and 26 T20Is (34 wickets).
He was a member of the World Cup winning India side of 2011 where he put in a match winning performance against Pakistan in the semi-finals.
- Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (NASDAQ:HMNY), HP Inc. (NYSE:HPQ)
- Football. Le PSG sur la piste d'un attaquant italien de 16 ans ?
- Palestinian rivals Fatah and Hamas say progress made in reconciliation deal
- Another starter gone, Cowboys DT Stephen Paea tells coaches he is retiring
- QCOM) — QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ
- Trump sitting down with Sean Hannity for exclusive interview during Pa. visit
- Introducing the brand new waterproof Kindle Oasis
- Director Ryan Coogler Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse In Hollywood
- Lufthansa set to sign Air Berlin deal
- Warriors' players under the belief guarding Westbrook is 'like cake to them'