Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 25 miles from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 70 miles.
The west of the country will see the worst of the weather, with winds of between 60mph and 70mph forecast.
Mr Burkhill said: "It's definitely something that we are keeping an eye on, for the possibility of some disruptive weather early next week".
A hurricane is headed for the United Kingdom - and it's due to hit on the 30-year anniversary of the 1987 Great Storm.
The storm caused damage estimated at £1billion and claimed 18 lives. However, the NHC said it would be downgraded to a storm by then.
Police treating death of woman following Fermanagh crash as murder
Officers are particularly keen to hear from anyone who might have dashcam footage of the road on the night of the incident. Update 11.39am: A 40-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the murder of Natasha Carruthers in Fermanagh.
Hurricane Ophelia is expected to move towards Europe in the days ahead, Silverang said.
Hurricane Ophelia is on route, with a trajectory to hit Ireland and most of the UK.
But he added: "It's definitely something that we are keeping an eye on, for the possibility of some disruptive weather early next week".
The Met Office predicts some parts of the eastern areas could see highs of 23C on Sunday, with the possibility of even warmer temperatures on Monday.
"Above-normal temperatures could continue into Monday before getting cooler from Tuesday".
- Actor James Van Der Beek revealed that he had been sexually assaulted
- England can't win Ashes without Ben Stokes, says Steve Waugh
- Germany: 'No evidence' Russian Federation used Kaspersky software to spy on US
- Drone attempted to lure children from OH school playground, district says
- Google to integrate Duo App to Android by default
- Eminem releases an Anti-Trump Rap Cypher
- Lufthansa signera ce jeudi l'accord avec Air Berlin-Spohr
- Stéphane Bouillon revient comme préfet de région
- Sanchez sur le marché cet hiver — Mercato
- North Yorkshire Restaurant Rated 'Best In The World'