Desktop computer sales have slumped once more in the third quarter, down 3.6 %.
According to Gartner, 67 million computers were shipped in the third quarter (July - September), down from 69.5 million in last year's third quarter. Those numbers are up from 14.4 million shipments and 21.4 percent of the market during the same period previous year.
Research firm Gartner said this was the 12th consecutive quarter when shipments had trended downwards. The American consumer is the main reason for the decline, as the local market shrank 10.3 %.
U.S which is the top market for Apple Inc has shown a decline of 10.3 percent which is pretty major with the company only able to sell 14.7 million units during the quarter.
Data includes desk-based PCs, notebook PCs and ultramobile premiums (such as Microsoft Surface), but not Chromebooks or iPads. "The gains in emerging regions and potential for more commercial replacements represent some upside potential, although we continue to expect incremental declines in total shipments for the next few years".
Bannon: GOP's Entire 'Establishment Globalist Clique' Must Go
He carried states Republicans haven't carried in living memory - Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. "This agenda works. "McConnell and Corker, and the entire clique, establishment globalist clique on Capitol Hill, have to go", he said.
"The countries with stable economies, such as the United States, have created a positive sentiment among businesses, especially for small- and mid-sized businesses, which are more vulnerable to external events, such as economic or political".
Dell, meanwhile, saw slightly lower PC shipments globally, its first fall since the first quarter of 2016.
In the Asia-Pacific region, PC shipments reached 24 million units, down 2.1% from the corresponding period in 2016.
"The component price hike impacted the consumer PC market as most vendors generally pass the price hike on to consumers, rather than absorbing the cost themselves", Kitagawa said.
"The traditional PC market performed much as expected in the third quarter", said Loren Loverde, program vice president for worldwide PCD trackers, in a prepared statement.
- Technical Snapshots for Investors: JetBlue Airways Corporation (JBLU)
- Equifax reportedly hacked again, this tie with fake pop ups
- Rose McGowan suspendue par Twitter !
- Mbappé, les regrets de Rangnick — Leipzig
- L'Uruguay qualifiée, Cavani buteur
- Elderly widow refuses to believe her husband died in home invasion
- François Fillon placé sous le statut de témoin assisté — Affaire Penelope
- Bruno Mars leads American Music Awards nominees with 8
- Shell to buy electric vehicle charging providers
- Kaka annonce son départ d'Orlando City, pas encore sa fin de carrière