The Italian fashion house, headed up by Alessandro Michele and known for its fur lined loafers, is being helped in its new fur free mission by the Humane Society of the U.S. (HSUS) and LAV, an organisation that believes in animal free fashion.
The company's chief executive, Marco Bizzarri, said the move to go fur free formed part of a commitment to "sustainability". "Mr. Armani has been a trendsetter in the fashion world for decades and this latest announcement is proof that compassion and innovation are the future of fashion". The brand is also joining the Fur Free Alliance, which 'is an global coalition of 40 animal protection organizations working together to end the exploitation and killing of animals for fur.' It is also auctioning off any fur products that it still owns, with proceeds going to an Italian animal rights group, LAV, and the Humane Society in the US.
Animal rights campaigners called the move a "huge game changer".
The UK became the first country to ban fur farming in 2000.
Non-bailable arrest warrants issued for Imran Khan in contempt case
Haroon Shinwari, a spokesman for the Election Commission, says its panel of judges issued an arrest warrant for Khan on Thursday. Party spokesperson Naeem ul Haque echoed similar sentiments and expressed resentment over the regulatory body's orders.
In fact, mass farmed fur from Asia can now be produced so cheaply that it has been mislabelled as synthetic.
Gucci will become part of the Fur Free Alliance, an worldwide group of more than 40 organisations which campaigns on animal welfare and promotes alternatives to fur in the fashion industry. The brand also announced that they will announce a charity auction of remaining animal fur items, with proceeds benefiting the aforementioned charities.
Gucci says it will no longer use mink, coyote, raccoon dog, fox, rabbit or all other species specially bred or caught.
The investigation found real animal fur being sold in House of Fraser and fast fashion outlet Missguided - despite both retailers having fur-free policies.
- Arsenal´s defensive woes mount with Mustafi out for up to six weeks
- Attention, cette extension AdBlock Plus pour Chrome est un malware
- Another starter gone, Cowboys DT Stephen Paea tells coaches he is retiring
- Drone attempted to lure children from OH school playground, district says
- Stéphane Bouillon revient comme préfet de région
- QCOM) — QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ
- Director Ryan Coogler Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse In Hollywood
- Lufthansa set to sign Air Berlin deal
- Poll dates for Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh today
- Carlos Nuzman resigns from Brazil's Olympics Committee after IOC terminates his membership