The vast and growing Atlas fire, which began burning in Napa County, doubled in size overnight and the flames are now moving south toward Fairfield, a North Bay Area city along Interstate 80.
Officials said the area is expected to enter a "critical" weather event beginning at 11 a.m. with "volatile and gusty" winds.
The fire had crested the ridge at Twin Sisters Road, north of Green Valley and northwest of Fairfield.
School will be cancelled Wednesday for all students in Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District due to concerns about air quality and safety, Superintendent Kris Corey announced.
Sanchez sur le marché cet hiver — Mercato
En conférence de presse, Arsène Wenger a déclaré qu'Alexis Sanchez et que Mesut Özil pourraient quitter Arsenal dès le mercato d'hiver.
By Wednesday morning, the Atlas Fire had spread into Green Valley, about three miles from city limits near the Eastridge and Rancho Solano neighborhoods.
Closeup of the flames torching this hillside off of Suisun Valley Road.
Residents were given until 3 p.m.to leave the expanded mandatory evacuation area, and will not be allowed back once they leave, according to the Solano County Sheriff's Office.
More than 150 evacuees have been helped at Solano Community College since the Salvation Army opened up the shelter on Monday.
- Njie n'est toujours pas rentré sur Marseille — OM
- Gary Barlow to play Thetford Forest
- Hurricane Ophelia Moving At Snail's Pace To Northeast
- Small explosion in suspect's vehicle during OR traffic stop, police say
- JPMorgan earnings are coming - here's what Wall Street expects
- Russia May Demand US Cut Diplomatic Staff
- Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) Holdings Raised by Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc
- OnePlus may have been collecting user data without permission
- LG and Apple may partner to make foldable displays for the iPhone
- Military plane crash in Spain - casualties unclear