Waugh, who is now with the Australian team in India as an on-duty selector, would have loved to see cricketers taking some time off this summer and concentrate on red-ball cricket.
"It's got to be said, it's not an ideal time to be away from Australia", Waugh said.
With doubts still hovering over Ben Stokes Ashes selection, Australian former skipper Steve Waugh has teased the English contingent by asking them a pertinent question, "can't England win without Stokes"?
Nokia 9 renders with curved glass and bezel-less design surface online
Today, we've come across a fresh leak suggesting that HMD Global has another high-end Nokia in the works, the Nokia 9. I'm pleased to be the bearer of three promising pieces of news regarding the Nokia Android phones today.
Australia lost the five- ODI series against India by 1-4. Australia had then toured India for 7 ODIs and a T20I, finishing the tour just 19 days before The Ashes went on floor. "He's got a heavy workload, as do a lot of the players", Waugh said.
Disregarding the schedule as hectic, Waugh said, "Once they get home, they'll have a little break then they'll be back focused on red ball cricket, then the Ashes. We'll be right. Those three Shield matches will have us in good stead for the Ashes", he told Sky Sports Radio.Smith had landed awkwardly on his right shoulder during the fifth ODI in Nagpur and had experienced soreness since then.
"But I think your No. 6 as it stands is probably going to be a batsman and ideally he bowls a bit, someone like a Stoinis for example, even a Travis Head who bowls some offspin, Glenn Maxwell bowls a little bit". The players are pretty much used to it. "The No.1 priority is batting", he said. I'm not calling it an allrounder, probably more a batting allrounder. "This series has been a bit spread out".
The month-long series has led the Australian team to travel about eight different places so far, and Waugh believes that the series was too stretched before the Ashes series.
- Johanna Konta's WTA Finals hopes end with Kremlin Cup withdrawal
- Another starter gone, Cowboys DT Stephen Paea tells coaches he is retiring
- Mobile wallets to become interoperable within six months; RBI issues final guidelines
- Carlos Nuzman resigns from Brazil's Olympics Committee after IOC terminates his membership
- Tokyo stocks close at fresh two-decade highs
- Oculus Rift now available for just $399 in USA
- Germany: 'No evidence' Russian Federation used Kaspersky software to spy on US
- La taxe foncière a augmenté de 14 % entre 2011 et 2016 (Unpi)
- Google removes Home Mini's touch functionality following privacy concerns
- Director Ryan Coogler Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse In Hollywood