The resolution, presented by Leader of the Opposition in the Senate Aitzaz Ahsan, stated that a person who is not eligible to become a member of the parliament or has been disqualified can not lead any political party.
Pakistan's Senate today passed a resolution against a person holding a party post after being disqualified from public office, a move aimed against ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif's re-election as the chief of the ruling PML-N.
The resolution was passed in the Senate with 52 people voted in favour of the resolution while 28 voted against it. Under the law, a disqualified person has been given powers to get the law of his choice enacted by the legislators associated with his/her party, he added.
Last month, the Senate, despite the opposition parties' combined strength outnumbering the treasury benches, had passed the Elections Bill 2017, paving way for former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to once again take the helm of the PML-N.
Mourinho Confirms United Injury Situation Heading Into Liverpool Match
Well, according to The Times , Mourinho is "dismayed" with Martinez's decision to play Lukaku despite his recent ankle injury. He then allowed the Spaniard to join rivals Manchester United in the following January transfer window.
Over half a dozen constitutional petitions have been filed in the apex court and high courts against the Election Bill 2017 which paved way for Sharif to head his party.
A controversial clause in the bill allows disqualified politicians to hold a public office or to lead a political party.
With the new election bill, the parliament is "exposed to becoming hostage to a person who himself is barred from entering it". Law Minister Zahid Hamid also opposed the resolution.
The resolution is non-binding and of no legal value and hence just symbolic.
- Devils top Maple Leafs to remain undefeated
- Trump names Eric Hargan as acting Health Secretary
- Orders 166 phones and claims refund
- Sam Wood and Snezana Markoski's Baby Has Arrived!
- Jamie Carragher says Arsene Wenger was right about the top four
- Chrysler Pacifica S Appearance package makes it look sportier
- Apology not enough to save Ben Stokes' $375000 New Balance contract
- Tagbo's death: Lagos police arrests Davido
- Ayan Mukerji's Next Directorial Film is Titled 'Brahmastra', Release Date Revealed
- Local Boy Scouts embrace co-ed change, Girl Scouts to stay girls-only