According to school officials in Akron, Ohio, a drone was used in an attempt to lure children from a school playground.
Megan Lee-Wilfong, the principal at the Windemere Community Learning Center in OH, said that witnesses noticed that the drone tried to lure children away from the playground, Fox-8 reported. The incidents occurred at night and during the weekends when classes were not in session. They were using a drone equipped with a loudspeaker to do it.
The voice was allegedly trying to lure the children away from the playground.
A school spokesman said that the drone had not been spotted during school hours and no one with the school has seen the drone.
Poll dates for Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh today
The 2012 Gujarat legislative assembly elections were held in December 2012 for all 182 members of the state legislative assembly. For the first time, the poll panel will also introduce all-women polling stations in Gujarat in all assembly segments.
Several witnesses reported hearing the audio of a voice coming from the drone. Another student reportedly followed the drone to the Dollar Tree before his father intervened.
"That's scary. I have a daughter, and having some weirdo flying something around?" said parent Hannah Adkins.
Windemere's principal sent a letter to parents on Monday, asking that an adult accompany any children who visit the school playground, which also serves as a community park, on off-hours, the Akron Beacon Journal reported.
- Mobile wallets to become interoperable within six months; RBI issues final guidelines
- Triple success for 'pre-flown' SpaceX
- QCOM) — QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ
- Director Ryan Coogler Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse In Hollywood
- Another starter gone, Cowboys DT Stephen Paea tells coaches he is retiring
- David Padgett hires his ex-head coach Trent Johnson as assistant
- Enterprise Products Partners L. (NYSE:EPD) Experiences Lighter than Average Trading Volume
- Arsenal´s defensive woes mount with Mustafi out for up to six weeks
- North Yorkshire Restaurant Rated 'Best In The World'
- Morrisons launches the hottest supermarket curry in the UK