According to school officials in Akron, Ohio, a drone was used in an attempt to lure children from a school playground.
Megan Lee-Wilfong, the principal at the Windemere Community Learning Center in OH, said that witnesses noticed that the drone tried to lure children away from the playground, Fox-8 reported. The incidents occurred at night and during the weekends when classes were not in session. They were using a drone equipped with a loudspeaker to do it.
The voice was allegedly trying to lure the children away from the playground.
A school spokesman said that the drone had not been spotted during school hours and no one with the school has seen the drone.
Non-bailable arrest warrants issued for Imran Khan in contempt case
Haroon Shinwari, a spokesman for the Election Commission, says its panel of judges issued an arrest warrant for Khan on Thursday. Party spokesperson Naeem ul Haque echoed similar sentiments and expressed resentment over the regulatory body's orders.
Several witnesses reported hearing the audio of a voice coming from the drone. Another student reportedly followed the drone to the Dollar Tree before his father intervened.
"That's scary. I have a daughter, and having some weirdo flying something around?" said parent Hannah Adkins.
Windemere's principal sent a letter to parents on Monday, asking that an adult accompany any children who visit the school playground, which also serves as a community park, on off-hours, the Akron Beacon Journal reported.
- Sia finally drops wig in her latest boob-sharing photo on Instagram!
- David Padgett hires his ex-head coach Trent Johnson as assistant
- DJI's 6K drone camera is created to make movies
- Director Ryan Coogler Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse In Hollywood
- Indian pacer Nehra hints at retirement in November
- Enterprise Products Partners L. (NYSE:EPD) Experiences Lighter than Average Trading Volume
- Aamir Khan's Dangal wins 2017's highest grossing foreign language in Australia
- Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (NASDAQ:HMNY), HP Inc. (NYSE:HPQ)
- Mobile wallets to become interoperable within six months; RBI issues final guidelines
- Triple success for 'pre-flown' SpaceX