US President Donald Trump has griped about emergency relief efforts in hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico, saying federal aid can not continue "forever". Should we use all available resources to actually save Puerto Ricans where possible, or move on to other crises, real, imagined or engineered?
"Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis looms largely of their own making", tweeted Trump, apparently quoting television newscaster Sharyl Attkisson. But Trump was too busy attacking Colin Kaepernick and the NFL's players who are protesting racial oppression and police killings of Black people to focus on Puerto Rico.
It was clear from the start that President Donald Trump's response to the two back-to-back hurricanes that decimated Puerto Rico was going to be bad. We want them to be safe and sound and secure. Instead of going out of his way to turn this chaotic situation into something one would expect from the American government, Trump has chose to attack the whole island via Twitter.
Dozens of residents with ties to Puerto Rico had their spirits lifted at Springfield Technical Community College Wednesday, with a salute to the music and dance heritage of Puerto Rico and Cuba.
Almost 90 percent of the people in Puerto Rico had no power as of October 11. "These are great people".
Fairfield-Suisun closes all schools for rest of week due to fires
More than 150 evacuees have been helped at Solano Community College since the Salvation Army opened up the shelter on Monday. Officials said the area is expected to enter a "critical" weather event beginning at 11 a.m. with "volatile and gusty" winds.
Puerto Rico was hit by Hurricane Maria as a Category 4 storm. "We want them to be safe, and sound, and secure, and we will be there every day until that happens".
This shipment is the latest in a long line of efforts by NY to help Puerto Rico in their time of need. When the American people need a leader after a national tragedy or national disaster, Trump will never be there.
Puerto Rico initiative delivered the supplies on chartered planes Saturday and Monday.
One: they can not vote for or against him.
- Military plane crash in Spain - casualties unclear
- Apple Reportedly Working On Foldable Phone With LG Display
- Devineni Uma opens Srisailam floodgates, releases water
- High Court Likely To Deliver Verdict Today In Aarushi Talwar Murder Case
- Scotch Whisky Makers Sell A Million Fewer Bottles After Tax Hike
- "Zidane m'a conseillé d'aller à l'OL", confie Mariano
- Le Hamas et le Fatah annoncent leur réconciliation — Palestine
- Tata Teleservices to merge with Airtel on 'cash-free, debt-free' basis
- Advantage Oil & Gas Limited (NYSE:AAV) Stock Is Shorted Less
- PSG : Emery fait le point sur les blessés