The radial crest gates of Srisailam project were opened for the first time this water year on Thursday morning to let about 56,000 cusecs water into the Krishna river course.
Minister for Irrigation Devineni Uma Maheswar Rao, along with engineers from the department also performed puja at the dam site.
According to the Irrigation Department officials, two gates were lifted for about 10 feet each to let the water pass through the spillway resulting in a attractive sight at the dam. The gross storage of the reservoir is 210 tmc as against the gross capacity of 213 tmc.
Tata Teleservices to merge with Airtel on 'cash-free, debt-free' basis
Bharti Airtel will absorb the operations of TTSL and TTML across the country in 19 telecom service areas, it added. The transaction will create substantial long-term value for shareholders given the significant synergies, he said.
Initially, Mr. Reddy said that as some 80,000 cusecs were being released through the power house channels, there may not be any need to operate the flood gates.
Along with drawal of water from various irrigation systems based on Srisaialm reservoir - Pothireddypadu Head Regulator, Handri-Neeva lift irrigation scheme and Kalwakurthy lift - water release to Nagarjunasagar continued from the second week of September. The water will reach Nagarjunasagar project.
So far this year, no water was released from either the NSP Left Canal or The NSP Right Canal for irrigation. Inflows into the dam continue to be high, at about 1.51 lakh cusecs.
- CM Siddaramaiah's New Year gift: Indira Canteens in all taluks
- Traders Sell Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) on Strength (XOM)
- Small explosion in suspect's vehicle during OR traffic stop, police say
- "Chasse aux DRH": 41 personnes interpellées au Bois de Boulogne
- Police treating death of woman following Fermanagh crash as murder
- Agüero adorerait jouer avec Messi à Man City
- Russia May Demand US Cut Diplomatic Staff
- Meghan Markle and prince Harry : there is marriage in the air ! - Here
- Bay Area teams pledge $450000 for fire relief efforts
- Le Hamas et le Fatah annoncent leur réconciliation — Palestine