The radial crest gates of Srisailam project were opened for the first time this water year on Thursday morning to let about 56,000 cusecs water into the Krishna river course.
Minister for Irrigation Devineni Uma Maheswar Rao, along with engineers from the department also performed puja at the dam site.
According to the Irrigation Department officials, two gates were lifted for about 10 feet each to let the water pass through the spillway resulting in a attractive sight at the dam. The gross storage of the reservoir is 210 tmc as against the gross capacity of 213 tmc.
"Chasse aux DRH": 41 personnes interpellées au Bois de Boulogne
Sur le blog de Mediapart , une tribune a été publiée mercredi 11 octobre pour dénoncer ce rassemblement de DRH à #Paris. Deux véhicules ont été incendiés et deux autre partiellement brûlés.
Initially, Mr. Reddy said that as some 80,000 cusecs were being released through the power house channels, there may not be any need to operate the flood gates.
Along with drawal of water from various irrigation systems based on Srisaialm reservoir - Pothireddypadu Head Regulator, Handri-Neeva lift irrigation scheme and Kalwakurthy lift - water release to Nagarjunasagar continued from the second week of September. The water will reach Nagarjunasagar project.
So far this year, no water was released from either the NSP Left Canal or The NSP Right Canal for irrigation. Inflows into the dam continue to be high, at about 1.51 lakh cusecs.
- Boy Missing, Three Others Found Dead In Southern Ohio Home
- Njie n'est toujours pas rentré sur Marseille — OM
- Bay Area teams pledge $450000 for fire relief efforts
- Scotch Whisky Makers Sell A Million Fewer Bottles After Tax Hike
- Le Hamas et le Fatah annoncent leur réconciliation — Palestine
- Comment elle entretient la passion avec Nicolas Sarkozy — Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
- Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) Holdings Raised by Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc
- Small explosion in suspect's vehicle during OR traffic stop, police say
- Agüero adorerait jouer avec Messi à Man City
- Hurricane Ophelia Moving At Snail's Pace To Northeast