Given results in other fixtures in their qualifying group for Russian Federation 2018, a draw would prove to be enough to see Colombia qualify directly for next summer's competition and for Peru to secure a play-off spot against New Zealand to qualify for the World Cup at the expense of Chile.
On Tuesday night, Peru, received Colombia for the last game of qualifying for the world Cup from the zone Conmebol.
Colombia and Peru's alleged pact must have infuriated Chile, who were heading for Russian Federation until Peru's 76th minute equaliser.
Fired up from their late goal, Peru players continued an energetic final flourish to the game, only for Falcao to engage in a unusual brief exchange with several members of his opposition.
Peru ended up with a goal difference of +1 and Chile -1 as Ricardo Gareca's team march on.
"We knew what was happening in the other matches, we were playing with (the knowledge of) the other results and in that moment (I tried) to transmit that (to Peru)", he said.
Nucléaire : feu d'artifice de Greenpeace à la centrale de Cattenom
La centrale de Cattenom a déjà attiré l'attention avec plusieurs incidents survenus en mai 2015 et en février et en juin dernier. Le but de cette action étant de " dénoncer la fragilité et l'accessibilité de ces bâtiments pourtant chargés de radioactivité ".
Tapia also admitted in an interview on Wednesday that he had discussed the result of the game with Falcao but denied that any deal had been brokered on the pitch.
Following Guerrero's goal, Peru fought for a second goal, which would grant them automatic qualification at the expense of Colombia.
"They knew the situations from the other grounds".
One of Peru's coaching staff, Nolberto Solano, the former Newcastle United winger, dismissed any notion of a pact between the teams.
But now they face New Zealand in a tricky two-legged intercontinental play-off in a bid to make it to Russian Federation.
- Trump names Eric Hargan as acting Health Secretary
- Devils top Maple Leafs to remain undefeated
- Pornhub deploys artificial intelligence platform to identify and tag porn stars
- L'action plonge de 22% à Tokyo — Scandale Kobe Steel
- Paris veut interdire les voitures à essence en 2030
- Former World Footballer of the Year, George Weah wins Liberian Presidential Elections
- Voters face key deadlines for general election
- Mourinho Confirms United Injury Situation Heading Into Liverpool Match
- Un policier de la BRI blessé mortellement lors d'un exercice — Toulouse
- 100% cashback on recharge in Jio Diwali Dhan Dhana Dhan offer