Carlos Nuzman, the chairman of Brazil's Olympics Committee (BOC) has announced his resignation on 11 October, Wednesday.
Nuzman was arrested on 5 October, Thursday.
He was accused of a two million USA dollar vote-rigging scandal to get the majority from International Olympic Committee (IOC) for the selection of Rio de Janeiro as the host of 2016 Olympics Games.
Speaking after meeting with the BOC's membership, Wanderley described Nuzman's resignation as "a relief".
Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (NASDAQ:HMNY), HP Inc. (NYSE:HPQ)
This number is based on a 1 to 5 scale where 1 indicates a Strong Buy recommendation while 5 represents a Strong Sell. The company has grown sales at a 4.00% annual rate over the past five years, putting it in the low growth category.
At the time, Nuzman was detained and questioned and authorities confiscated his passport. The COB was suspended because it was responsible for Rio's bid to stage the Games, the International Olympic Committee said last Friday.
Nuzman asked for a leave of absence as head of the Brazilian Olympic Committee on Saturday to work on his defense.
Carlos Arthur Nuzman, 75, had said last weekend that he was temporarily stepping down.
Authorities allege that former Rio governor Sergio Cabral, who is serving a 14-year prison term for bribery and money laundering, masterminded the plot. Papa Massata Diack, the son of Senegalese IOC member, and former world athletics chief Lamine Diack might have received the payment three days before the selection by the contractor Soares.
- New York Jets: Upcoming opponent is not what it used to be
- QCOM) — QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ
- Triple success for 'pre-flown' SpaceX
- Poll dates for Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh today
- Director Ryan Coogler Speaks Out About Sexual Abuse In Hollywood
- Morrisons launches the hottest supermarket curry in the UK
- Warriors' players under the belief guarding Westbrook is 'like cake to them'
- Attention, cette extension AdBlock Plus pour Chrome est un malware
- Accountability court resumes hearing of illegal assets case against Dar
- David Padgett hires his ex-head coach Trent Johnson as assistant