Applegate also said she's anxious about 6-year-old daughter Sadie and her likelihood for testing positive for the BRCA gene, a mutation that increases the risk of developing cancer. "My cousin died of ovarian cancer in 2008".
The fact that her daughter, Sadie, is likely BRCA positive weighs on Applegate, she told NBC.
Applegate also explained how stress can take years off of your life so it's important to try to relax whenever possible.
"That's how I've taken control of everything", she said in the interview. "That's one other thing off the table. Now, let's hope that I don't get hit by a bus", she said.
Lloyds buys Zurich UK's pensions, savings business
Zurich will also provide group life protection to some of Lloyds Banking Group's corporate clients as part of the deal. Around 200 Zurich employees, mainly based in Cheltenham, in the west of England, are expected to transfer to Lloyds.
Applegate, 45, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008 and underwent a double mastectomy that same year to become cancer-free. We're bombarded by what's going on in our world. She said: 'The chances that my daughter is BRCA positive are very high. "To me it breaks the heart to think that there is a possibility for it to be affected", she concluded.
She also does her best to avoid stress - which she admits can be tough.
"You're the first person I'm telling this". "Breathe deeper. That's a big one for me".
"I'm doing everything I can on my end knowing that, in 20 years, she'll have to start getting tested", the "Samantha Who?" star stated. "I'm not anymore. I try to find the lining in everything in life", she said.
"We're at this place where we need to sit down and figure out the future of what it is that we're doing and get into more of the BRCA tests for women", she says. Since then she has founded the Right Action for Women, which helps women who are at increased risk for breast cancer to cover the high costs associated with screenings.
- Tyson Fury to return in April 2018 before 'summer mega-fight'
- Libération d'une famille américano-canadienne, retenue en otage au Pakistan depuis 2012
- Yellowstone supervolcano could blow faster than thought, destroy all of mankind
- Target and Google Partner on Conversational Commerce
- Crime spree ends with shooting, carjackings in Sherwood Park, Edmonton
- Paramedics save man after he swallows whole live dover sole
- Joe Biden unveils anti-child abuse partnership in Warminster
- Bannon: GOP's Entire 'Establishment Globalist Clique' Must Go
- Before the Storm Episode 2 Releases Next Week
- Mexico readies for worst as 4th round of NAFTA talks open